• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gerber 7's and above please! Can I see a 10?

661 posts in this topic

Nice Mike - your copy is much better than my Fair copy.

Thanks Steve, but the book has some nasty tears around the staple. I'm still happy to have this, it's one of the few surviving books of my long gone Schomburg cover collection. I kept this one because it is an 8.

Captain Aero Comics vol.4 #2 (#16) Gerber 8

This issue features one of the two covers Schomburg did for this title. I favor this one to the one of issue 15.

9385531946_dd6b578756_b.jpg

Nice copy of a very rare and unseen book thanks for posting!

This issue features one of the two covers Schomburg did for this title. I favor this one to the one of issue 15.

I'm waiting for you, Jack. You know what I mean.

(thumbs u

Thanks, I got it from Metropolis a few years back! It seems like they've pretty much got the market cornered on this book. The colors are even more vibrant in person- especially the bluer-than-blue background.

I think of getting it slabbed from time to time, but as curious as I am to see what it'd come back as, I can't bring myself to send it in. It's just too friggin' pretty in that mylar. (thumbs u

Here's one I just got, 7 in Gerber and Scarce in Overstreet:

First_Christmas_3D_zps0a115e6a.jpg

And it is complete!

First_Christmas_3D_Glasses_zpsf3dddf7e.jpg

An interesting book, it's all splash pages. It also has a cover by Kelly Freas, who did not do very much comic book work at all.

Saw Mr Freas many a year ago he did some great stuff one that i have never seen .Very Nice thanks for posting it!