• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gerber 7's and above please! Can I see a 10?

661 posts in this topic

Adventure375.jpg

One of these days JJ, you will have sympathy for this long suffering soul and sell me this book! angel.gifflowerred.gif

Wow, I'm speechless!. 893whatthe.gif You post a tec #1, then you turn around & want one of my measly books. 27_laughing.gif Well, maybe not measly - I really do love that book. For now, it's the last book I'd sell (besides the ashcans), and only if I had to. Time will tell..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Gerber 9

suspense3.jpg

What a gorgeous copy of that book spillred!

.......................................... hail.gif

hail.gif

Win,

The last two you posted are tough to find in my experience. So while Gerber's ratings have not proven to be 100% reliable, they do in fact represent the reality in many cases.

It's certainly a guide. And what a great effort & work of love by E. Gerber. cloud9.gif

Win,

The last two you posted are tough to find in my experience. So while Gerber's ratings have not proven to be 100% reliable, they do in fact represent the reality in many cases.

It's certainly a guide. And what a great effort & work of love by E. Gerber. cloud9.gif

No doubt. In my opinion it is the essential handbook to collecting golden age. Just indispensible.

Win,

No doubt. In my opinion it is the essential handbook to collecting golden age. Just indispensible.

Couldn't agree more! thumbsup2.gif

Win,

No argument from me on that. I couldn't imagine GA collecting without first consulting "The Good Book". 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

flowerred.gif

By definition, ashcans are almost all Gerber 10's, although a few are actually as "common" as a 9, with 5-10 known copies. I've posted mine in different threads here & there, but here's two owned by Moondog that haven't been featured before. He's having technical difficulties, so I'm posting these for him. These both rate a "10" thumbsup2.gif

RealScreenFunnies.jpg

Commandos.jpg

MysticComics4cfldtrimmedFirstBlackW.jpg

Love this cover. I'm not a Timely collector, but this just made my want list.

That's FDR himself getting his life saved. By virtue of being the first pres duing the golden age he was the first to be portrayed in comics and reportedly approved most if not all the tenderings. He showed up in an early Action, too, as I recall, though can't remeimber which one at the moment.