• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gerber 7's and above please! Can I see a 10?

661 posts in this topic

Gerber 7:

superworld1.jpg

Hey Win,

this is a great book. About 14 months ago, I sold the highest graded unrestored copy of Superworld 1 on Ebay, which at that time was a Fine 6.0 ( may be still the highest graded -- haven't checked since that sale ). Your copy is one of the nicer ones I've seen; they are extremely condition sensitive....in part due to its "larger than most comics" size and low grade pulp cover. Do you also have issues 2 and 3? This is a great mini-run to complete.....if you can find all 3 issues that is. This book is undervalued, and will hopefully one day command more respect and the higher prices it deserves. It is truly Scarce and a great book to be proud to own. Congrats!

Is that Keen Comics a Larson? How long did it run?

Looks like a Larson to me. There were 3 issues in the run. There is a #3 on eBay right now, at over triple guide. (you'd think if a guy was asking triple guide for a book he could at least spring for the fin for shipping!) poke2.gif

Keen Komics #3

Gerber 7:

superworld1.jpg

Hey Win,

this is a great book. About 14 months ago, I sold the highest graded unrestored copy of Superworld 1 on Ebay, which at that time was a Fine 6.0 ( may be still the highest graded -- haven't checked since that sale ). Your copy is one of the nicer ones I've seen; they are extremely condition sensitive....in part due to its "larger than most comics" size and low grade pulp cover. Do you also have issues 2 and 3? This is a great mini-run to complete.....if you can find all 3 issues that is. This book is undervalued, and will hopefully one day command more respect and the higher prices it deserves. It is truly Scarce and a great book to be proud to own. Congrats!

Showcase is correct. Much undervalued book. I had it and mistakenly sold it years ago to a dealer who showed me the Overstreet Scammer's Guide price and I foolishly believed it.

Hey Win,

First off, CentaurMan, that is a GREAT copy of SUPERWORLD #1.

And although the question wasn't directed at me, Showcase, here is my mini-SUPERWORLD-run below. I was super happy to have found all these issues in affordable (aka low grade) condition, within a month of each other. Since they are all Gerber "7"s or higher ( I posted the #2 earlier), they fit right in with this thread.

First, #1: 1607064-supwrld1POST.jpg

1607064-supwrld1POST.jpg.4eb57606cde2ecfef36162e1da8557c7.jpg

Looks like a Larson to me. There were 3 issues in the run. There is a #3 on eBay right now, at over triple guide. (you'd think if a guy was asking triple guide for a book he could at least spring for the fin for shipping!) poke2.gif

Keen Komics #3

I would have to assume that sellers monitor these boards, know which books are wanted, even if it's just a few people who want them and price accordingly.(rape)

Gerber 7:

superworld1.jpg

Hey Win,

Showcase is correct. Much undervalued book. I had it and mistakenly sold it years ago to a dealer who showed me the Overstreet Scammer's Guide price and I foolishly believed it.

Would he have used the guide price if he were selling it? No, don't answer, I think we know. About ten years ago I was looking for a Wendy the Good Little Witch #1. I talked to a very prominent dealer who said it was a very undervalued title and wanted 4 times guide. I didn't buy it, I had a friend call a week later who listed ten books he had for sale, one being Wendy 1. The dealer offered 1/4 guide for it, Explaining that it wasn't a serious book. This was a little test, but it made me realise just what I was dealing with.

Again, so rare and so great (#2 is first cover by Eisner), it causes pain in the second knuckle of my left toe (correct that does not exist either)

1606776-1scanwow2.jpg

WOW! is right! hail.gif

Keen Komics #3

Yes

Yes

Now you see how I got into Larsons......