• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : Round 5

78 posts in this topic

SHOOT!! I think I was in the 9.2 crowd! :\ At least another notch woo! I really hope I didn't do the PLOD on this, it was tempting for some reason.

I went 9.2....and came very close to pulling the trigger on a PLOD call as well. Something about the purples when you stare at the book too long.... insane.gif

7.0 - 1

7.5 - 2

8.0 - 1

8.5 - 8

9.0 - 25

9.2 - 24

9.4 - 26

9.6 - 6

Awe Geez...

I went with 9.4 cause that last POS got a 9.2 and this one was way better.

foreheadslap.gif

Don't 9.4s get 1 point? confused-smiley-013.gif

Argh! One off again!!! frustrated.gif27_laughing.gif

Me too, flipped a coin.. 9.0...9.2, I went with 9.2

I also thought the book was trimmed and wasted my PLOD points, so

I am not sure if Congrats are in order Nik... poke2.gif

I will take my points and slink away till the next round

Ze-

I missed the grade...and also came very close to guessing PLOD for possible right edge trimming too. At least this time everyone pretty much agreed on a 9.0.-9.4 range.

SHOOT!! I think I was in the 9.2 crowd! :\ At least another notch woo! I really hope I didn't do the PLOD on this, it was tempting for some reason.

I went 9.2....and came very close to pulling the trigger on a PLOD call as well. Something about the purples when you stare at the book too long.... insane.gif

27_laughing.gif I hadn't thought of that.

yeah... don't do that... stare at the purples to long.... cool.gif

7.0 - 1

7.5 - 2

8.0 - 1

8.5 - 8

9.0 - 25

9.2 - 24

9.4 - 26

9.6 - 6

Awe Geez...

I went with 9.4 cause that last POS got a 9.2 and this one was way better.

foreheadslap.gif

Don't 9.4s get 1 point? confused-smiley-013.gif

that's what i thought 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The blotchy black area at the top left right near a couple spine bends was really tempting me to peg this as the PLOD, but I finally decided to pass on making that call. Whew!

The blotchy black area at the top left right near a couple spine bends was really tempting me to peg this as the PLOD, but I finally decided to pass on making that call. Whew!

27_laughing.gif that was it, that black spot. I googled the cover to make sure it existed on other ones blush.gif I think that's why I didn't call it.