• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Any Trekkies?

41 posts in this topic

I used to cast, trim and paint 54 mm lead figures when I was a kid (yuuuum...., molten lead), and I have to tell you - Excellent paint job!!!!

awesome thumbsup2.gif

i wish they would start up another tv series

I was devastated when they dropped "Enterprise", they could have kept it on another year and wrapped it up.

it got good with the zindi storyline...

all the star trek shows have been good TNG, DS9, Voyager...

I agree that dropping Enterprise was a bummer.

Sci-Fi is running 4 shows in a row every Monday night.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Isn't asking for trekkies in a comic forum like yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater?

stooges.gif

27_laughing.gif good point! I was having trouble coming up with my post title, so thought I'd open it up to a wider topic, which was good because I didn't know they remastered the original series- I need to try to catch them episodes!

Thanks to all for the nice comments!

Isn't asking for trekkies in a comic forum like yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater?

stooges.gif

27_laughing.gif good point! I was having trouble coming up with my post title, so thought I'd open it up to a wider topic, which was good because I didn't know they remastered the original series- I need to try to catch them episodes!

Thanks to all for the nice comments!

Are the remastered episodes running now? if so, when and where? grin.gif

Ooops, forgot to mention it's the 1968 AMT kit. They re-issued this kit with just Spock, not the serpents in the '90's. There is a UK version of this kit that was issued by Aurora in the 60's or early '70's which was quite the switch from the norm of everyone else re-issuing Aurora kits.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone! Here's a detail of Spock from the front view...

spock3.jpg

Shouldn't he be a little greener? poke2.gif

Very nice job! I never got to the painting stage when I used to do these... sorry.gif

His skin? His shirt? I did google for pics of him for source references while painting.

If I ever get another one of these kits (they're not as cheap as they were when I got this one), I'll probably make his shirt slightly darker and put more detail on the rocks. It's fun to paint, but would have rather built it up from scratch so the seams would be perfect (I bought it pre-built/unpainted). The shoulder had a gap so I had to spackle some globs of paint in to fill it in a bit. Plus, already built up, it's kind of hard to reach places with a paint brush- like all around the snakes, Spock's face and under his forearms. Some parts need to be painted before gluing.

Check your local listings, they are running in syndication.

Thanks thumbsup2.gif

I saw one, the pilot episode with the ESPers, without knowing.

I was thinking to myself the colors were aweful sharp.

I figured it may have been HD or something until I saw a space seen.

893whatthe.gif

I knew it wasn't my Mama's Star Trek anymore.

hail.gif

I bought this model on ebay probably about 8 years ago already assembled and finally got around to painting it this winter. Since I use oil paints, it's a long process waiting between drying times, but just got it done today! It's probably the best paint job I've ever done on a kit so far. Have a look... spock2.jpg

That's great! I remember buying all these models from comic book ads (I think) around 1974. I got punished for it. Ordered them without permission. sorry.gif

Ooops, forgot to mention it's the 1968 AMT kit. They re-issued this kit with just Spock, not the serpents in the '90's. There is a UK version of this kit that was issued by Aurora in the 60's or early '70's which was quite the switch from the norm of everyone else re-issuing Aurora kits.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone! Here's a detail of Spock from the front view...

spock3.jpg

Great job! Looks fantastic. Someday I hope to send some time with some of my unpainted or unassembled kits.

Its funny - his features look more like Mark Leonard (who played Spock's dad and numerous other Romulans and Klingons) tha Leonard Nimoy.