• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : Round 7

84 posts in this topic

Round 7 is thankfully closed. Probably one of the toughest rounds.

Here are the results:

6 people guessed this as the PLOD, once again all 6 are wrong.

The grades:

6.5 - 1

7.0 - 2

7.5 - 4

8.0 - 13

8.5 - 17

9.0 - 24

9.2 - 22

9.4 - 8

9.6 - 3

CGC says

round7answer024.jpg

What were the major reasons for the 7.0 grade? (Now that this round is over.)

Back cover stains for one...

I've seen 9.0 books and higher with the dust shadows... What else? confused-smiley-013.gif

What were the major reasons for the 7.0 grade? (Now that this round is over.)

Back cover stains for one...

I've seen 9.0 books and higher with the dust shadows... What else? confused-smiley-013.gif

I said stains, not dust shadows. gossip.gif

Circular stain on left edge of back cover and one in the text.

Diagonal crease from right edge to bottom edge just below Angels feet kills this book gossip.gif

Man, I can't even see the crease and didn't even consider the stain...some grader tonofbricks.gif

Yep. I can't even see the crease... (and didn't). Oh well. (That certainly explains it better than the minor stains on the back I think...)

sorry.gif

Diagonal crease from right edge to bottom edge just below Angels feet kills this book gossip.gif

Man, I can't even see the crease and didn't even consider the stain...some grader tonofbricks.gif

Yep. I can't even see the crease... (and didn't). Oh well. (That certainly explains it better than the minor stains on the back I think...)

sorry.gif

CGC hammers the hell out of stains. Those two stains alone were enough to drop it to 8.5. confused-smiley-013.gif