• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strangest trade you have ever made for comics

57 posts in this topic

I traded a lamb (dead, cut into joints and frozen) for a bunch of comics. yay.gif

Ladies and Gentlemen, we may have a winner!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif27_laughing.gifhail.gif

...IT PUTS THE COMIC IN THE MYLAR,..IT DOES THIS WHENEVER IT IS TOLD,...

I traded a lamb (dead, cut into joints and frozen) for a bunch of comics. yay.gif

Ladies and Gentlemen, we may have a winner!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif27_laughing.gifhail.gif

Sorry, imho trading a dead chopped up lamb carcass for comics wins, hands down.... 27_laughing.gifheadbang.gif

...I traded all of the following books at one time or another for crack for my monkey,... New Mutants #98 CGC 9.8,...Sandaman #1 CGC 9.6,...Daredevil #168 NM raw,...Incredible Hulk #340 CGC 9.8,...can't remember all of them,... confused-smiley-013.gif

I actually had a guy offer me weed for some comics at a small show in Peoria once. confused-smiley-013.gif27_laughing.gif

Did you trade him?

No, I needed cash, not weed.

angel.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifdevil.gif

What was that Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers saying? Something like, "Weed will get you through times of no cash better than cash will get you through times of no weed."

Or something like that.

hello all...

I have "traded" away a Ferrari 328 and a 1963 Vette for comics (well, the cars were converted into cash, that was then converted into comics)...does that count?

rick

Sorry, imho trading a dead chopped up lamb carcass for comics wins, hands down.... 27_laughing.gifheadbang.gif

acclaim.gif

hello all...

I have "traded" away a Ferrari 328 and a 1963 Vette for comics (well, the cars were converted into cash, that was then converted into comics)...does that count?

rick

I did the same with a (then) 18 month old BMW M3 Convertible quite a few years ago. My friends thought I was mad, but I still have a VERY nice AF15 smile.gif

acclaim.gif

hail.gif

I traded a complete Mego doll collection, + a complete set of Magic the Gathering ( 34 sets ) for an Amazing Spiderman run #7-20.

Artboy99

Complete set of Magic? That included the Power 9s? Aren't those worth like $500-1000 each? I don't know much about Magic, but I know alot of the earlier cards are worth serious money.

If 34 sets was a complete set, that would have been over three and a half years ago when P9 prices were about 25-40% lower. Still, I hope those were some nice condition ASMs (and Alpha/Beta were not included in the M:tG).

I've also traded M:tG cards for comics. Between the trade credit the store gave me and the underpriced comics I got with that credit, I basically got FMV for the cards. grin.gif

Well in all honesty, I didnt trade my Alpha and Beta sets, I still have them. I traded all my sets from Unlimited up, 34 sets worth and you are right it was 3-4 years ago. Unfortunately the ASM were not in the greatest condition, they are 4.0-7.0's but I made the trade in a time when I didnt really know grading like I do now.

My entire magic collection that I traded + the complete Mego doll collection was worth 7500 in cash which he wouldnt give me, 5000 in trade. So I traded for 5,000 dollars worth of ASM comics.

In the end, I got ripped off.

it was a 1992 E30 model

to cheer myself up 14 months later I bought a Ferrari 355 convertible (the only car I've ever actually made a profit on ), and currently own a 12 month old m3 Convertible, which makes me weep every time I go near a gas station, so tend to use my girlfriend's more 'city friendly' car most of the time now.

I traded a kitten to my sister in exchange for her assisting me in selling at comic shows, does that count?

The kitten is still very happy but was not allowed to attend the shows 893naughty-thumb.gif.

...I traded all of the following books at one time or another for crack for my monkey,... New Mutants #98 CGC 9.8,...Sandaman #1 CGC 9.6,...Daredevil #168 NM raw,...Incredible Hulk #340 CGC 9.8,...can't remember all of them,... confused-smiley-013.gif

Traded a PPSSM 64 and ASM 252 in the same vein, but for classic as opposed to crack. This was in the 80's so SOL long gone. crazy.gif

I actually had a guy offer me weed for some comics at a small show in Peoria once. confused-smiley-013.gif27_laughing.gif

Did you trade him?

No, I needed cash, not weed.

angel.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifdevil.gif

What was that Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers saying? Something like, "Weed will get you through times of no cash better than cash will get you through times of no weed."

Or something like that.

Freak2.jpg

I did the same with a (then) 18 month old BMW M3 Convertible quite a few years ago. My friends thought I was mad, but I still have a VERY nice AF15 smile.gif

As a BMW driver myself you are nuts makepoint.gif. What year was the car.

John

Hey Bubbles hi.gif