• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your opinions requested - should I have Creig Flessel sign my Detective #10?

68 posts in this topic

well chuck E. cheese! Hell, I don't even know what city he's in. And I fly through the posts at my leisure, so as not to disrupt the flow of (shang) Chi.

BTW awesome eddie I used to get the vinyl 12 inch singles as they came out with all the different eddies by derek riggs, and the picture discs

Have him sign the cover. Flessel was the artist so you simply are having him sign a tribute to his work. The artifact has already been through the mill so I see no harm in a visble signature. If he does sign the book and you believe you made a mistake simply have him cross out the signature and initial his crossout.

First page, bottom in the margin! No cover sig. I am not a fan of cover signaturres, In my opinion its like drawing on the mona lisa(not that the significance is the same) just in priciple of course. A signature adds no value to me when I buy a book, but does to you since you are going to meet and talk with him a provinace to you and your collection personally. The thing is there are very few unrestored copies, and those copies are best left in my opinion as clean as possible. Have fun at your meeting, by the way how old is he? Got to be in the late eighties!

Paul

First page, bottom in the margin! No cover sig. I am not a fan of cover signaturres, In my opinion its like drawing on the mona lisa(not that the significance is the same) just in priciple of course. A signature adds no value to me when I buy a book, but does to you since you are going to meet and talk with him a provinace to you and your collection personally. The thing is there are very few unrestored copies, and those copies are best left in my opinion as clean as possible. Have fun at your meeting, by the way how old is he? Got to be in the late eighties!

Paul

He's 94, I believe.

Have him sign the cover. Flessel was the artist so you simply are having him sign a tribute to his work. The artifact has already been through the mill so I see no harm in a visble signature. If he does sign the book and you believe you made a mistake simply have him cross out the signature and initial his crossout.

27_laughing.gif

From what I infer, you don't seem too concerned about the resale value of the book. So I think you should get it signed, and have him sign it on the cover, because it appears that the book will serve as a memento of your meal with Mr. Fleissel.

You can't allow thoughts of 'how much will it bring for my estate once I'm dead' to influence your collecting... remember, we're all supposed to be doing this for enjoyment, it's not supposed to be work.