• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,858 posts in this topic

There have been a lot of SC4 with bad asking prices out there. It is time some of these guys suck up their courage or pride and auction these books if they actually want to sell them. For example CL has an 8.0 with an ask of 30k and a bid of 17.5. The last one sold in '08 for 17K. With the Flash market soft this year that is an insane asking price.

I think this book has been damaged because of the inventory overhang. I feel pretty confident I know the price at which this won't sell.

What's that?

Jeez, $3900 for a 3.0. It's gonna be some time fore I get my hands on one of those.

For me too. :(

Maybe we can do a time share? hm

Hey, that might work! How about I take it for the first 40 years, and you can have it for the second 40 years?

Done! But only if I can pay 75%, you 25%. Deal?

That Flash run that is hitting Heritage is mind boggling. Some incredible books in there.

The Mound City run is not too shabby either. I wonder how much of an impact having two HG runs beings sold within a couple of weeks of each other will have on prices?

That Flash run that is hitting Heritage is mind boggling. Some incredible books in there.

The Mound City run is not too shabby either. I wonder how much of an impact having two HG runs beings sold within a couple of weeks of each other will have on prices?

In 2007, Doug had Steve's run and Heritage had Marlow's and Fantastic Franks run all at the same time. Record prices were set. This time around, my hope is that is too much. There are a ton of good books in the auctions. In addition, Doug is going to have a 9.2 123 in his next grand auction as well.

There have been a lot of SC4 with bad asking prices out there. It is time some of these guys suck up their courage or pride and auction these books if they actually want to sell them. For example CL has an 8.0 with an ask of 30k and a bid of 17.5. The last one sold in '08 for 17K. With the Flash market soft this year that is an insane asking price.

I think this book has been damaged because of the inventory overhang. I feel pretty confident I know the price at which this won't sell.

What's that?

Not physically damaged but financially damaged. There are bunch of copies on the market that have just been there for 12-18 months with these nutso prices on them and they are not going to sell. So there is a stigma now that SC4 is a slow book when in fact if they were priced right they would sell. I think if these books were priced at GPA or plus 10% of GPA all of them would sell and sell quickly.

Some of those books were definitely mine...I guess the latest owner is trying to move them and on to something else...

Damm I miss those books :(

Steve

Some of those books were definitely mine...I guess the latest owner is trying to move them and on to something else...

Steve

Well, if you want them back you might be able to snag them for less than you sold them for in the current Flash market. (shrug)

Steve

Well, if you want them back you might be able to snag them for less than you sold them for in the current Flash market. (shrug)

Nah, I am focusing on other things now...BUT I know of a couple diehard Flash guys who might really enjoy this auction!

In 2007, Doug had Steve's run and Heritage had Marlow's and Fantastic Franks run all at the same time. Record prices were set. This time around, my hope is that is too much. There are a ton of good books in the auctions. In addition, Doug is going to have a 9.2 123 in his next grand auction as well.

I apoligize for having to sell the collection when we did, but we were given a deadline by our clients lawyer. We had to be done in Nov. and I didn't want to hold a sale at the same time as comic link or heratige, so I went first. By the way I think we have most of our Flash items up now.

My wife just drug me to go see Twilight Moon. The movie was ok but what got me excited are the possibilities. The movie had a good fight scene between the vampires where they were using their super speed. If we have ever get a flash movie the director needs to watch that scene and hire those choreagraphers and effects guys. The Flash has potential to be a very different and awesome movie.

Warner needs to multitask like Marvel. My wife puts up with a lot more from me than I do from her.

So is Wolverine+Star Trek+Terminator+Watchmen <> Twilight. I think I came out OK.

Did anyone pick up anything from the greatest Flash sale in our lifetime this weekend?