• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,858 posts in this topic

Here are some group shots showing some of Jack`s Western Penns when they were still part of a larger group. I didn`t have all of the books that ended up in Jack`s collection.

GroupShotFlash-1.jpg

Not all of the books shown are Western Penns. Since the grades aren`t visible, here`s a breakdown of the Western Penns:

126 9.4 C-OW (subsequently resubbed and became a 9.4 OW)

127 9.4 C-OW (subsequently resubbed and because the URC got caught in the old holder and tore off when the book shifted while being shipped to CGC, became a 9.0 OW)

129 9.4 C-OW (subsequently resubbed and became a 9.4 OW)

133 9.4 OW

134 9.4 OW

137 9.4 OW

138 9.6 W

139 9.6 W

140 9.6 OW-W

141 9.6 OW-W

142 9.6 OW-W

145 9.8 OW

146 9.4 OW

147 9.6 OW-W

148 9.8 OW-W

I also had the WP 9.4 #144 which is in Jack`s group shot, but it`s not in my group shot because I had traded it for the 9.6 copy which is in the group shot.

GroupShotFlash2-1.jpg

149 9.8 OW

150 9.6 OW-W

Edited by tth2

Here's one you didn't have!

Flash123WP.jpg

I was surprised when it came back a 9.4. Thought it would be lower because..........

Tom

I tried my darndest to win it when you sold it on Heritage. Thank god I lost, because I would`ve taken a bath of epic proportions on it!

Flash123WP.jpg

I was surprised when it came back a 9.4. Thought it would be lower because..........

Tom

One of these days I want a chance if that book ever comes up. It's in my top five and I have held out on the other three 9.4s to have a shot at it.

Flash123WP.jpg

Tom

One of these days I want a chance if that book ever comes up. It's in my top five and I have held out on the other three 9.4s to have a shot at it.

You may get a chance at it if Mr. Forbes decides to sell it. He did sell the OA to 123 so you never know.

It is the best 9.4 out there!

Hate to tell you but I'm pretty sure it's the son. I think there is an article in Heritage Magazine, (could be another publication) and his affinity for Flash comics.

He`s no spring chicken either.

who needs forbes to unlock his goodies when jacksco has consigned everything to pedigree for the march auction?

:o What`s going on?

Wait a minute, was this whole thread bump by Jack just some guerrilla advertising? hm

I was wondering when that was going to come out. No. There is no marketing needed. They will do their own talking hopefully. I just wanted to share what I was able to put together.

I took the pictures for me so I would have something. I had not had the books together since I started getting the run. 20-30 were at the bank, some where at the office, and some where at home.

I am keeping my seven favorites. I'm also not done. It's funny that there are about five I don't have that I want more than most I do have. So those are the one's I am focusing on. I actually accquired one of them yesterday.

Ok, I was inspired by the group shot thread and was working on the books and decided to take some shots.

Western Penns

GSWesternPenn120131132.jpg

GSWesternPenn134133140.jpg

Those are magnificent! I didn't know books like that were so common in Western Pennsylvania. I'll be heading for the train station right after work.

:luhv:

Edited by Hepcat