• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,858 posts in this topic

One of the very toughest 80 pagers to find in high grade.

A check on E-Bay shows a couple of CGC issues in VF+ for 80 Page Giant #4. One seller mentioned there are only 7 issues graded higher! A check of GCG shows 8 issues between 9.0(4) and 9.4(3), with 1 at 9.2. Well he was close. (shrug)

Showcase 8 features the first appearance of captain cold. Is captain cold a major villian to Flash? I'm not to fimilar with Flash. I could tell you everything you need to know about spidey haha.
He is a major villain, and, the leader of the "rogues". On my list, he's second after Zoom.

Showcase 8 features the first appearance of captain cold. Is captain cold a major villian to Flash? I'm not to fimilar with Flash. I could tell you everything you need to know about spidey haha.

Captain Cold is tied with Super-Gorilla Grodd for the coveted position of being the dastardliest Flash villain of them all. See this poll:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=16&Number=4461883&Searchpage=1&Main=209590&Words=Captain+Cold+Hepcat&topic=0&Search=true#Post4461883

Captain Cold is a very bad man.

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat

Professor Zoom's first appearance was in Flash 139, the first Flash comic I ever bought. As such it played an integral part in making me a lifelong fan of DC comics:

Here from my collection is a scan of #139:

16-06-2011101211PM.jpg

:cool:

I guess that why its guides for so much more than showcase 13 and 14. Although I got this book at roughly half guide price. A greatttt deal.

Showcase 8 guides for more than 13 and 14 because it`s the 2nd appearance of Flash. I`m not sure the 1st appearance of Captain Cold factors in very much, if at all.

This thread is great and thanks to all of you for posting some beautiful Flash books and bringing back some great memories. For something a little different, here's a Flash I picked up after my family moved to Lima, Peru from the U.S in 1962. The interesting thing is that it was published in Mexico and sold in Peru. The ER publishing company in Mexico must have had some great international distribution connections. The indicia date is July 1963, but it also lists the copyright date as 1961 which fits with the U.S. version of this "adventura que llegara a ser una historia clasica."

Considering the number of moves I've made in my lifetime, it's amazing to me that I've been carrying this around for almost fifty years along with my U.S. versions of The Flash. Carmine Infantino is, by far, my favorite Silver Age DC artist.

Flash123.jpg