• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,888 posts in this topic

I basically completed my silver age collection well over a decade ago. I had it maybe @ 65% from my early dealer days in the 80's That jumped significantly when i bought the 17k collection in the early 90's. I spent years just sorting through and integrating my keeper collection vs my inventory.

A dream job for sure!

After my debacle with SHOWCASENEWENGLAND on ebay....

What happened?

???

I had to have a copy of this key.

showcase4.jpg

I've decided to count myself fortunate if I can just complete my Flash run down to Showcase 8 with the intro of Captain Cold.

(shrug)

Edited by Hepcat

when I have the energy to relive "my Ebay nightmare" I'll relate my dealings with Dan

Here are the rest of the showcase issues. most of these came from ebay

showcase8.jpg

this showcase was a part of by only Soethby's auction win

showcase8c2.jpg

SHOWCASE13.jpg

showcase14.jpg

Edited by jmg3637

They all appear as if they've already been pressed. They have that flattened look..

(shrug)

How can you tell if a book is pressed or looks flat from a straight on, 2 dimensional scan?

They all appear as if they've already been pressed. They have that flattened look..

(shrug)

How can you tell if a book is pressed or looks flat from a straight on, 2 dimensional scan?

Good eyes and leftover 3-D glasses from the movies.

;)

a few more to bump the thread lol

first GRODD cover

flash127.jpg

I've found the #127 to be tough.

(shrug)

that's a head scratcher. there's a boatload in 9.4. seemed like heritage had one in about 6 auctions in a row a year or so ago.

That then may be the problem right there. They're all being slabbed to keep them out of my hands.

I remember that just over five years a bunch of 9.2 and 9.4 Flashes from the 1960-62 period went for absolutely staggering prices on Heritage. Perhaps they were the highest graded copies at the time. For what have 9.4 Flash 127s sold more recently?

???

Edited by Hepcat

Here's some of mine. Sending them out to CGC for my first ever submission, we'll see how I dig the process. Some of my favorite books, but they'll likely have to go as my original art habit doesn't pay for itself:

1_zps2b489de4.jpg

2_zps126a07f0.jpg

3_zps4097dc5f.jpg

4_zpsac270b54.jpg

Okay, so what happened here?

???