• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,858 posts in this topic

and a few more

a rogues team up

flash140.jpg

another Green Lantern Crossover

flash143.jpg

I love the flash running so fast that your POV can see many muliptle flashes in the circle

flash144.jpg

Nice looking copies. :applause: I had not noticed how similar the movement depicted in issue 144 was to 132 before.

What I didn't like about the Rogues' teamups is that the puissance of each individual villain was diminished. I mean if Flash could defeat the bunch of them, what chance did Captain Cold by himself stand against the Scarlet Speedster?

:preach:

I'm thinking about getting into the Flash SA books; one thing I like are the .10c covers up through #124.

I've got two of the 80 page Giants which reprint some of those earlier stories... classic DC.

The early Flash run is very much like Adam Strange in MiS. Same creative crew for the most part (less Anderson on Flash), same flavor of stories, full of pseudo-science, etc. They're up there with the best comics ever IMO (in case you didn't know that already!) with Infantino on a crazy tear through some of his consistently best work ever. Also, much of the evolution of DC in that era happened in issues of The Flash. All that Earth-2 stuff, the return of GA heroes, blah blah blah. It was a cool time for The Flash.

Leaving SC 4 out (and SC 8 maybe too), Flash covers through about The Flash 150 or so are uniformly fantastic. 150 through the end of Infantino's run are not to be sneezed at either, with classics popping up every few issues. :luhv:

Leaving SC 4 out (and SC 8 maybe too), Flash covers through about The Flash 150 or so are uniformly fantastic. 150 through the end of Infantino's run are not to be sneezed at either, with classics popping up every few issues. :luhv:

I agree. In particular, the part of the run from issues #133-152 contains a particularly heavy concentration of covers that are things of beauty.

(thumbs u

The early Flash run is very much like Adam Strange in MiS. Same creative crew for the most part (less Anderson on Flash), same flavor of stories, full of pseudo-science, etc. They're up there with the best comics ever IMO (in case you didn't know that already!) with Infantino on a crazy tear through some of his consistently best work ever. Also, much of the evolution of DC in that era happened in issues of The Flash. All that Earth-2 stuff, the return of GA heroes, blah blah blah. It was a cool time for The Flash.

I completely agree with you! Infantino Flash and Adam Strange are my favored SA DC's!