• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,853 posts in this topic

$4500 :o Guess I'll never have a copy that nice :sorry:

My 9.6 copy sold for $8500 last year so that seems about right.

Steve

My 9.4 copy sold for $7170 in 2006, so $4500 for a 9.4 copy and $8500 for a 9.6 copy seem like screaming bargains!

I don't recall your copy coming up for sale, Steve. Was it a pedigree?

Steve

My 9.4 copy sold for $7170 in 2006, so $4500 for a 9.4 copy and $8500 for a 9.6 copy seem like screaming bargains!

It was the PC copy.

Tim,

Steve sold the 9.6 on Doug's site and then that copy sold again last October on CL. for 7900.00 something. I have a 9.2 with white pages that I can be happy with. I made a run at the PC but got sniped in the end. I guess I get suprised when a 5K book is just snapped up in less than an hour on a site.

Steve

It was the PC copy.

I knew that. :tonofbricks: It was a sweet book.

I seem to remember Roter asking me to pay $12K for it, or some such nonsense. :screwy:

Tim,

Steve sold the 9.6 on Doug's site and then that copy sold again last October on CL. for 7900.00 something.

So whoever bought it from Steve turned around and took a $600 haircut, less sales commissions to Doug? :eek:

I guess comics HAVE been hit by the financial crisis. hmlol

Hey y'all. Glad to see a thriving Flash thread here. I went to the NY Convention over the weekend and bought The Flash #106 & #112, thus completing the run! I've had a little less than half the issues from when I was a kid in the 80's, got the rest over the past year. It's my favorite title by far, especially the ~50% done by Carmine Infantino.

Ridiculously nice 9.2 #123 by the way. I had a decent looking copy with a detached cover that I traded to my LCS about a month ago. I currently have a restored VF copy. For the more expensive books, I really don't mind a little resto. It helps me afford them.

As a little (read: big) treat to myself for completing the Flash run, I got me a copy of Showcase #14. My next goal is to get the remaining three Flash Showcase appearances from the 50's, 4, 8 and 13.

A big jump toward completing a Flash set!

The Flash 108, 111, 114, 120, 126.

Flash108.jpg

Flash111.jpg

Flash114.jpg

Flash120.jpg

Flash126.jpg

No eye-popping high grades, but I'm glad to get these early issues at all.

Almost there! Lacking only 105, 106, 110, 113, 122-124 and 346 (Why 346? I don't know.) I even have Showcase 13. I may have to be satisfied with reprints of the other Showcase issues, 105 and 123, but it's fun to be a few steps closer.

Jack

Thanks to Seadevils, who sold these to me at the last VCC. You may recognize the background of his photos. Highly recommended seller!