• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do we know who the member's of the registry are?

105 posts in this topic

It's amazing when you realize that you need at least 100,000 points just to make the top 27.
And it's trending upward. I believe this time next year you will need 130,000 to each the top 27.

I'd go as far as to say 150,000. I'm at 115,000 and havd fallen from 23 to 25 over the past month. While I'm sad to be dropping, it is good to see all these big collectors come out of the wood work. Hopefully they'll spend some time on the boards.

I know what you mean... :o Although not a remarkable collectioni most respects, due to my not paying close enough attention to the new set additions, I didn't realize that thay had finally added some sets for my Red Sonjas, so I was late getting my books into the set, doh! but although not named bet in set category, I am still rated Top Ranking set, and will only grow higher when I get my recent submissions back from CGC. :wishluck:

Now I know that this in no way can even hold a candle near MutantKeys's sets, :applause: but I have a few of X-men sets of my own in the works...

It's amazing when you realize that you need at least 100,000 points just to make the top 27.
And it's trending upward. I believe this time next year you will need 130,000 to each the top 27.

I'd go as far as to say 150,000. I'm at 115,000 and havd fallen from 23 to 25 over the past month. While I'm sad to be dropping, it is good to see all these big collectors come out of the wood work. Hopefully they'll spend some time on the boards.

Me too. My points have doubled from year to year, yet I continue to drop. It's a good thing overall, b/c if my books are top dog then the hobby is in trouble :P

I've noticed that my point value roughly equals my collection value in dollar terms. (with some being worth more than their points, some less and some pretty much right on). Does this hold true for others? How about when you reach the 6 digit marks?

I think CGC points track market fairly well for larger collections. One big exception is the meint books. CGC scores mint 9.9 & 10.0 books at only a fraction more than the score for 9.8 although those books on the market typically sell for many multiples of 9.8 prices. So, unless your collection holds a large number of mints, I think it will track market price within 15% for most bigger collections.

I started at 49, but have drifted to 62. I agree that a lot of guys want to stay private. I really don't have a lot of comics in my house, so I don't care about getting "jacked". My collection is all over the place and that's how I like it. I did get an award for my Sojourn set... er, one book. :blush:

Too bad they spelled my name wrong on the certificate. :boo: If you collect in the Detroit-area, we're probably pals or arch-rivals.

I finally joined the registry, and I must say its been fun adding books and seeing my ranking go up. I'm currently at #49, but have a lot more books to enter. I'm glad CGC added a good number of GA titles to the registry, but there are still a lot more missing!

I finally joined the registry, and I must say its been fun adding books and seeing my ranking go up. I'm currently at #49, but have a lot more books to enter. I'm glad CGC added a good number of GA titles to the registry, but there are still a lot more missing!

Welcome! Adding books does get to be fun [please don't bump me out of #36 :wishluck:]

Welcome! Adding books does get to be fun [please don't bump me out of #36 :wishluck:]

lol I see that you have already pushed me back to 37...

I think the registry short changes the HG collectors a little. I'm not exactly sure what formula they use for 9.8 and above books!

I still need to enter my Jungle, Jumbo, Thrilling and Exciting Comic collections and I'm done for now. I really hope that CGC adds a few more titles like All Winners Comics and Captain America Comics to the list. Every little bit helps. :wishluck:

He pushed me back to #15 in the X-men set :tonofbricks:

Just barely though. Plus, since I haven't picked up an X-Men book in 4 years, you should pass me in no time. I was glad that the registrey allowed me to enter both my copies of X-Men #1 and #2, but in different categories.

He pushed me back to #15 in the X-men set :tonofbricks:

Just barely though. Plus, since I haven't picked up an X-Men book in 4 years, you should pass me in no time. I was glad that the registrey allowed me to enter both my copies of X-Men #1 and #2, but in different categories.

Two X-Men 1s... (worship)

You first pagers make me sick (now that I'm not one anymore of course) lol

BTW: Anyone notice we're almost at 900 now in the registry? :applause:

Hey guys,

Think I've only posted on the forum once or twice, so I'm basically new here. Guess I'm around #50 on the list. To be honest, I just realized where I was in the overall list. I only have a handful of books slabbed, but would love to get some of my keys & higher grade books done.

Recently been spending a lot more time w/other collections, but I keep coming back to comics. I need to start hangin' around here more often!

-Gunnar (Atomic Rooster)