• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Virtual Comicon Convention Hall

221 posts in this topic

I had a good time. I had 3 buyers & for once, I didn't buy anything. I agree that we should do this every couple months with plenty of advance notice. You can't always please everyone - GA collectors probably wish there were more GA books; Sig Series fans wish there was more SS, etc. But, I think there was a good range of books - plenty of $1 books all the way up to a Superman #1.

Thank you to those who organized this. Definately a good idea! 893applaud-thumb.gif

That was fun! Sold a few TPBs, a bust, and some graded books. Mostly avoided buying stuff except for one purchase.

Maybe make it a quarterly event and give plenty of warning about when the next one would be. Took some time just to get a few books scanned and posted.

It doesn't seem like Saturday night would be the best night - but really, don't know what night would be better. Most people work during the week and with the three hour time difference between the coasts....never an ideal time it seems like. I just get the kids in bed at 9 PM PST so the night is just starting for me and the con is closed....

My thoughts: Go later. I still think a lot of west coasters are out having din with the fam or friends. It should stay on a Friday or Saturday night or perhaps a Sunday afternoon. Weeknights will not work, I've tried to sell on weeknights and it's a waste of time.

Yes, the thread took a minute or so to load but the only other option is 50 individual threads and that doesn't seem feasible. So that should stay as is IMO.

I'd like to see a separate thread for pimpin your wares. Let people know when you've added ur books or modified ur thread so people know when to go back and check again.

And this night has confirmed some things for me. I'm basically getting out of the Marvel Super-hero business because I've come to understand how common those books are. And I saw that tonight. I was hoping for a lot of unusual stuff..westerns, romance, Tower Books, Debbi's Dates, Millie, Chili. Swing With Scooter, Tippy Teen, Kathy, Night Nurse.....either people just don't have them or they are just not selling them. I know this....Spidey's and X-men are as common as Britney's privates. There were a few nice westerns and they didn't last long.

Not a complaint, an observation.

Regardless, major thanks to sckao and the donut for a great idea, well done. They are great guys and I was happy to be a part of it and would do so again.

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Conceptually a good idea, but the post format here isn't the best way to handle this. It didn't "flow" for me, but I almost purchased some books. Temptation management is a must for me these days.

Any suggestions you can make to improve the flow? Given that the post format is pretty much what has to be dealt with. confused-smiley-013.gif

All-in-all, I think it was very well done.

Thought it looked great, and has a lot of potential. I think buyers are tapped because there has been a barrage of great books for sale on here of late. I sold a few so that was nice, but more importantly, I though it as great to see what people brought. I'll be in next time, hopefully with more warning so buyers & sellers alike can prepare.

That was a blast! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Sold some of my early Iron Mans, Conans, and my Hulk #102.

My only disappointment was that I never got much of a break to check out the other booths.

2 things I hope for next time:

1)More time to prepare and 2)More duration for the con -so I can have more time to shop as well as sell.

Big Kudos to the organizers and all who participated!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

First and foremost, thanks to everyone who listed. This was a lot of fun to look through.

I thought the thumbs wouldn't work but I was kind of hesitant to click on links to look at books without preview for some reason. I demand we get at least 2 months notice in advance so I start saving early instead of for one week. This would give sellers time to get everything jet set to go, and buyers to save up enough money for this. I also would've liked to see more GA books blush.gif Lower price ones for us juniors. smile.gif

I don't think I had this much fun "wading" through books ever though.

It's not a real Con unless we have one of those overbearing, extremely loud, and obnoxious PA announcers........wait for it....

"NO RUNNING IN THE AISLES!!"

STEVE

27_laughing.gif

You've been to too many SD Cons. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Gawd! That girl is obnoxious, isn't she? sumo.gif

It's not a real Con unless we have one of those overbearing, extremely loud, and obnoxious PA announcers........wait for it....

STEVE

27_laughing.gif

She rules yay.gif

STEVE

27_laughing.gif

She rules yay.gif

screwy.gif

STEVE

27_laughing.gif

She rules yay.gif

screwy.gif

You know who you are. The dorky middle aged guy wearing the grandpa pants.

Conceptually a good idea, but the post format here isn't the best way to handle this. It didn't "flow" for me, but I almost purchased some books. Temptation management is a must for me these days.

Any suggestions you can make to improve the flow? Given that the post format is pretty much what has to be dealt with. confused-smiley-013.gif

All-in-all, I think it was very well done.

one thing that comes to mind is setting up a Virtual Comic Con Forum. This would be made active only during the time periods for the Con. That way, each Booth could get its own thread, which would be what, forty eight or so individual sellers on page one...threads would of course need to be pinned... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I don't know if the board software would allow for a larger number of threads per Forum page, but if they could, then you could conceivably have as many threads as you have sellers all on one page without having to worry about pushing other sales threads down off of page one.

Another option is to try and work some sort of focus in for each Con. So, one might be a Silver/Gold Age Con...not that you couldn't sell other stuff, just that sellers should try and have at least a significant presence of whatever type of book is the focus of that particular one