• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The best super-hero team of then all???

34 posts in this topic

Many thoughts have been brought up over the past few months in here about who are the best heros and heroines of them all, but nobody has mentioned super-hero teams. What are your thoughts on the best of the best...and since marvel and dc are more varied in this department, keep the choice to one of these publishers. For marvel, id have to say the Avengers. The quality of this team far exceeds the likes of the X.-men or the FF. I mean, any team with Thor amongst its ranks is gonna kick some serious [!@#%^&^]. Now for dc, im obliged to go with the origional J.L.o A.. How can any team compete with these icons in history. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman...untouchable as far as im concerned, not only because im biased because i collect this series, but because its a mega-star team which has not been matched even in modern times. Whats your choice? cool.gif

Sal

DC have two great teams. Justice League and the Teen Titans. As for Marvel....for me it is the defenders.

'shroom...you and I are obviously on the same wavelength...those were my picks exactly....no foolin'... 893whatthe.gif

I have to say the original Justice League......they were always my favorite as a kid...I had a complete run by the time I was 12 years old.(in all fairness they were only up to issue 114 at the time)....and if I had to pick a run of issues , the best would be between #74-108...those were the finest years IMO.

J.D.

Tough, but not so tough.

DC - Legion of Superheroes was one of my favorite titles when I was a kid. However, I was quite fond of the Justice Society too. My uncle had quite a few golden age books and my favorites were him reading those to me when I was very young. BTW, he is the one that started the passion for comics when I was around 3 years old.

Marvel - Fantastic Four. No doubt. Although I used to enjoy the X-Men a lot.

DC have two great teams. Justice League and the Teen Titans. As for Marvel....for me it is the defenders.

'shroom...you and I are obviously on the same wavelength...those were my picks exactly....no foolin'... 893whatthe.gif

Great minds think alike.......but fools never differ grin.gif

DC: um....hmmmm.....ummmm.....I guess JLA, not many good groups to choose from.

MARVEL: X-men.

Although there have been so many Marvel teams: Avengers, FF, Defenders, Champions, X-force, New Mutants, X-Factor, New Warriors, Alpha Flight, Thunderbolts, Invaders, Inhumans, Squadron Supreme, and more.

The classic Silver Age Avengers team when Cap had rejoined and Ant man had become Giant Man.

The Avengers always gets my nod over the Fantastic Four because of the variable team dynamics created by the changing roster.