• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ace Comics featuring Four Favorites, Super Mystery, and Our Flag
6 6

893 posts in this topic

I forget the issue number but does anyone have the 4-favorties issue with firing squad cover which depicts the act mid-massacre? I think one of the poor victims has his guts shot out.

#10 - a few copies have been posted on this thread.

Re FF #5: It's a shame Dave Berg didn't do more covers for Ace. The Mooney and Palais ones are great and the rest have a crude charm to them ( Kurtzman and Cole still learning to master their talents) , but Berg even then seems shows he knows how to draw a GA cover.

It would seem that Four Favorites 22 is one that can be found. Walclark just posted a nice copy and here is the copy I sold & then my upgrade. Cool book too :headbang:

Four%20Favorites%2022%20front%20use_zpsyrslijl1.jpg

myff22_zps7902900d.jpg

Nice books all Frisco, but what a nice upgrade on this one. Lots of Japanese War time covers (for obvious reasons), but not that many Chinese ones i can think of though. :headbang:

It would seem that Four Favorites 22 is one that can be found. Walclark just posted a nice copy and here is the copy I sold & then my upgrade. Cool book too :headbang:

Four%20Favorites%2022%20front%20use_zpsyrslijl1.jpg

myff22_zps7902900d.jpg

Nice books all Frisco, but what a nice upgrade on this one. Lots of Japanese War time covers (for obvious reasons), but not that many Chinese ones i can think of though. :headbang:

Thanks Sagii, I'll upgrade when I can, evidenced by the two Super Mystery issues below, first my under copy, then my upgrade. It's crazy to think with how rare some of these books are that I've actually upgraded a few issues :whee: Oh and yes, I don't off hand recall any Chinese covers (without looking at the photo journals). These Ace books are quite cool :headbang:

My sold under copy

SM%20vol%202%204_zpsgmjygfhx.jpg

My (slight) upgrade

Super%20Mystery%20vol%202%204_zpsyjuydfjr.jpg

mybanner4better_zpsc8ccec03.jpg
Banner is a cool short run (I only have the Capt. Courageous issue 6 (when it changed it's title). Your no.4 looks better than assigned grade. Don't you just love those scenarios?

mybanner4better_zpsc8ccec03.jpg
Banner is a cool short run (I only have the Capt. Courageous issue 6 (when it changed it's title). Your no.4 looks better than assigned grade. Don't you just love those scenarios?

Thanks, I think it's nicer than the grade too. I almost had a 6 in 7.0 but my computer tweaked & I missed it. I wonder why the run starts at #3? Does anyone have some insight on this?

This 8 year old thread has just exploded recently. Is Ace the next big thing?

Not sure, but thanks to this thread I look forward to bidding aggressively when some of these come to market next! :devil:

My lone Ace so far....

sup%20myst_zpsm6g7ij9b.jpg

I love the colors! :applause:

Not sure, but thanks to this thread I look forward to bidding aggressively when some of these come to market next! :devil:

My lone Ace so far....

That is one heck of a first pick up! I have never seen that before :cloud9:

My lone Ace so far....

No, guys, all this has just been idle chatter, pay it NO mind i tell. Don't waste time on this drivel..... :whistle:

My lone Ace so far....

No, guys, all this has just been idle chatter, pay it NO mind i tell. Don't waste time on this drivel..... :whistle:

Yeah, look away ..... nothin' to see here ...... zzz