• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ace Comics featuring Four Favorites, Super Mystery, and Our Flag
6 6

893 posts in this topic

I believe you meant FF #5 but even if not that is a SPECTACULAR copy of it!!!! :o:applause:

No, he listed 5. I think 10 is one of the best out there. I didn't include my copy in this pic, but how can you not love that cover?!?

four%20favorites%2010_zpshcv3hmyy.jpg

Very scarce issue. Tough to recover from a blast in the gut like that!

I believe you meant FF #5 but even if not that is a SPECTACULAR copy of it!!!! :o:applause:

No, he listed 5. I think 10 is one of the best out there. I didn't include my copy in this pic, but how can you not love that cover?!?

ahh I see the pic threw me off...love the #10 as well along with the great insides (thumbs u

Ok folks, here is my top 10 Ace Hero cover list and I reserve the right to change it at any time :D

1. Our Flag #5 (This cover has it all in my opinion)

2. Four Favorites #12 (Nippo and Courageous battling atop the world over the Pacific – Ferstadt Perfection)

3. Banner Comics #4 (Dive Bomb!! Always loved covers with the heroes diving in to save the day/night…ala Our Flag #5/MMC #28 etc.)

4. Four Favorites #5 (whats not to like? Every hero has their own particular obstacle and Courageous is going about it head first)

5. Super Mystery Comics v3 #2 (Big green man with a blade, little green man with an arrow, skulls, bondage, war bond stamp, heck even the Clown found a way onto this gem!!)

6. Lightning Comics v2 #2 (almost a More Fun #54 classic feel to it…Larger than Life)

7. Banner Comics #3 (Simple…Love Captain Courageous he's my favorite Ace character)

8. Lightning Comics v2 #1 (Tight wire cover high over the streets with damsel in distress!! Also the colors are so neat on this one)

9. Four Favorites #13 (love the simplicity here plus the large Nippo/Clown heads)

10. Four Favorites #8 (Action packed awesomeness and its pink...how often do we see that?!!)

So many Honorable Mentions out there its crazy to list them all but for starters…

Banner Comics #5

Captain Courageous One Shot

Four Favorites #10, #11, #20, #24

Super Mystery Comics (heck all the Clown covers)

v1 - #2,#5,#6

v2 - #1, #2, #3

v3 - #4, #5

v5 - #3

v6 - #3

Our Flag #1

I know I listed a lot but that’s because so many are SOOO darn cool…gotta have em’ all right!! (thumbs u

Well ..... I should qualify that .... this is an issue I still need covers for :wishluck: Here's my coverless & a peek at the 1st page (for those who enjoy seeing inside the books) :headbang:

FF%2010%202_zps5a7b8wgo.jpg

For a guy with no powers, The Clown sure gave Magno and Davey a lot of trouble ( :baiting: Lex Luthor). He,s even in books where he wasn't the cover protagonist, like this one. That cover is one of a kind chaos! (And still one i need :cry: )

It's not every non-super powered villain that can simultaneously control faceless men, a skeleton dentist, a torture wheel, and dissolve people in acid. That is some serious multi-tasking.

lollollol He was quite the Arch nemisis!

Iv'e always wondered what would be considered the top 10 favorite covers from the publishers super hero line. And then, what would be considered the 10 hardest to find(not an easy feat with this publisher. Maybe all the 'fans' could compile their list, much like they do on the Timely thread (and have started to do on my other favorite hang out thread MLJ)and we'd come up with a close consensus. Super Mystery v6 #3 is a great classic(but not in my top 10 faves. I'd vote:

Four Favorites #24, #27, #6, #7 and #5

Super-Mystery Comics v3 #1, v3 #2, v3 #4

Lightning conics v1 #5, v3 #1

Sure-Fire Comics #2

:cry: and this list was NOT easy to decide. Killer covers abound!!

Can't argue too much, but I'd include Four Favorites 10 as part of the top 5.

IMG_3061_zpstrcciutf.jpg

Buttock,you've been holding out on us ! :ohnoez:

All three books you posted there made my list, and man, those grades! Please in your leisure post all separately in the thread (especially the v3 #4) so i can enjoy them even more from afar. Nice! :applause:

ahh I see the pic threw me off...love the #10 as well along with the great insides (thumbs u

And yes, this cover certainly earns a top 10 nod!

Ok folks, here is my top 10 Ace Hero cover list and I reserve the right to change it at any time :D

2. Four Favorites #12 (Nippo and Courageous battling atop the world over the Pacific – Ferstadt Perfection)

3. Banner Comics #4 (Dive Bomb!! Always loved covers with the heroes diving in to save the day/night…ala Our Flag #5/MMC #28 etc.)

4. Four Favorites #5 (whats not to like? Every hero has their own particular obstacle and Courageous is going about it head first)

5. Super Mystery Comics v3 #2 (Big green man with a blade, little green man with an arrow, skulls, bondage, war bond stamp, heck even the Clown found a way onto this gem!!)

6. Lightning Comics v2 #2 (almost a More Fun #54 classic feel to it…Larger than Life)

7. Banner Comics #3 (Simple…Love Captain Courageous he's my favorite Ace character)

8. Lightning Comics v2 #1 (Tight wire cover high over the streets with damsel in distress!! Also the colors are so neat on this one)

9. Four Favorites #13 (love the simplicity here plus the large Nippo/Clown heads)

10. Four Favorites #8 (Action packed awesomeness and its pink...how often do we see that?!!)

So many Honorable Mentions out there its crazy to list them all but for starters…

Banner Comics #5

v1 - #2,#5,#6

v2 - #1, #2, #3

v3 - #4, #5

v5 - #3

v6 - #3

Our Flag #1

I know I listed a lot but that’s because so many are SOOO darn cool…gotta have em’ all right!! (thumbs u

Heck of a list buddy (it even has me second guessing some of my choices lol ). So you Buttock and i have some of the same nods, so we're getting an idea of the top books). Any one else care to opine?

Banner Comics #5

v1 - #2,#5,#6

v2 - #1, #2, #3

v3 - #4, #5

v5 - #3

v6 - #3

Our Flag #1

I would agree with Our Flag #5 and Four Favorites #5 right off. Lightning V2#2 probably as well. Four Favorites #10 and #11 should be in the top 10 for sure. The others maybe not so much. Too me the Super Mysterys are as a whole a lot better. Maybe, that is why I have more of them than any other Ace titles.

Ok, here's a quick list of my 10 favorite Ace super-hero covers. I didn't consult anyone else's list, just about 10 minutes with the photo journal. In alphanumerical order:

Banner 4

Four Favorites 7, 10

Lightning vol2 #3

Our Flag 5

Super Mystery 3, vol2 #1, vol3 #2, vol3 #4

Sure-Fire 2

If memory serves, my count was that there are 82 Ace super-hero books. You'd think it'd be easier to narrow it down to 10 favorites, but it wasn't :ohnoez:

that's what I'm saying brother!! :D fun going through them for sure!! BTW I like your list as well (thumbs u

And speaking of them, I found a few more in one of my GA boxes.

Bought this at Terry's con a couple years ago. Presents nice but it pretty brittle. I don't buy brittle books usually but had to pay a little more and buy this one anyway.

comlightningV22_zpsn2q2yjlr.jpg

feel free to shoot me a PM whenever you are ready to part with this beauty :baiting::foryou:

If memory serves, my count was that there are 82 Ace super-hero books. You'd think it'd be easier to narrow it down to 10 favorites, but it wasn't :ohnoez:

that's what I'm saying brother!! :D fun going through them for sure!! BTW I like your list as well (thumbs u

Thanks pal :) Sometime when I get some spare time, I'll get some more scanned :headbang:

And speaking of them, I found a few more in one of my GA boxes.

Bought this at Terry's con a couple years ago. Presents nice but it pretty brittle. I don't buy brittle books usually but had to pay a little more and buy this one anyway.

comlightningV22_zpsn2q2yjlr.jpg

feel free to shoot me a PM whenever you are ready to part with this beauty :baiting::foryou:

It might even be too much of a beater for you Gino. The spine is shot. Looks OK in the mylar as long as you don't shake it. It seems to me that we have similar collecting interests. I really can't bring myself to spend what it takes anymore to get the high grade stuff. And, I don't thing it's going anywhere for a while but you will be next in line if I part with it..