• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ace Comics featuring Four Favorites, Super Mystery, and Our Flag
6 6

893 posts in this topic

Ok, here's a quick list of my 10 favorite Ace super-hero covers. I didn't consult anyone else's list, just about 10 minutes with the photo journal. In alphanumerical order:

Banner 4

Four Favorites 7, 10

Lightning vol2 #3

Our Flag 5

Super Mystery 3, vol2 #1, vol3 #2, vol3 #4

Sure-Fire 2

Great list Frisco! We agree on a few i see, but it's always interesting to see the one's we don't. I guess you, Gino, Robot-Man, myself, and a few others will have to let it stew a bit and see what the 'definitive' list will be, much like most of the Timely crowd can agree upon. And even there there is a little disagreement sometimes.

As our acquisitions grow, we can then maybe figure out which are the hardest to come by (which one's aren't?!?!) Thanks for participating, (thumbs u

19119285258_196cc20301_b.jpg

There are a few Ace covers that I really like. FF 5 is one and FF 9

3071443244_58057fa4b6_b.jpg

4640472414_32ef80fa23_o.jpg

Cool books BB. Some of the other ones you posted, i'm lucky enough to have, but none of these. And that Robot cover one is TOUGH!! (worship)

And speaking of them, I found a few more in one of my GA boxes.

Bought this at Terry's con a couple years ago. Presents nice but it pretty brittle. I don't buy brittle books usually but had to pay a little more and buy this one anyway.

comlightningV22_zpsn2q2yjlr.jpg

feel free to shoot me a PM whenever you are ready to part with this beauty :baiting::foryou:

It might even be too much of a beater for you Gino. The spine is shot. Looks OK in the mylar as long as you don't shake it. It seems to me that we have similar collecting interests. I really can't bring myself to spend what it takes anymore to get the high grade stuff. And, I don't thing it's going anywhere for a while but you will be next in line if I part with it..

we sure do pal!!! if you can see my sig line you will notice no grade is too low for this bottom feeder hehe lol thanks!!

Cool books BB. Some of the other ones you posted, i'm lucky enough to have, but none of these. And that Robot cover one is TOUGH!! (worship)

I can't state this enough!! BB's the Man!!! I like the Robot cover too I think Brave and the Bold 28 cover swiped it replacing the robot with Starro :D

Ok, here's a quick list of my 10 favorite Ace super-hero covers. I didn't consult anyone else's list, just about 10 minutes with the photo journal. In alphanumerical order:

Banner 4

Four Favorites 7, 10

Lightning vol2 #3

Our Flag 5

Sure-Fire 2

Great list Frisco! We agree on a few i see, but it's always interesting to see the one's we don't. I guess you, Gino, Robot-Man, myself, and a few others will have to let it stew a bit and see what the 'definitive' list will be, much like most of the Timely crowd can agree upon. And even there there is a little disagreement sometimes.

As our acquisitions grow, we can then maybe figure out which are the hardest to come by (which one's aren't?!?!) Thanks for participating, (thumbs u

Thanks Sagii :) I love these books and thus, I HAD to participate :headbang: I actually feel that we'll wind up with 2 lists: One of books that are hard to find in nice condition, one of books that are hard to find in ANY condition. For example, I just offered up a few under copies to some pals here on the boards. The Four Favorites 22 I sold was a vg & my upgrade is around a fine. The Super Mystery vol2 #4 I sold was a g/g- where my upgrade is only a g+ to g/vg. Of course SOME books exist in nice condition due to our luck that some of them exist from pedigree collections like the Church & Larson collections. I CAN say that one book in particular that seems common in nice condition is Super Mystery vol5 #4. Metro has 3 available copies right now.

Banner 4

Four Favorites 7, 10

Lightning vol2 #3

Our Flag 5

Sure-Fire 2

Thanks Sagii :) I love these books and thus, I HAD to participate :headbang: I actually feel that we'll wind up with 2 lists: One of books that are hard to find in nice condition, one of books that are hard to find in ANY condition. For example, I just offered up a few under copies to some pals here on the boards. The Four Favorites 22 I sold was a vg & my upgrade is around a fine. The Super Mystery vol2 #4 I sold was a g/g- where my upgrade is only a g+ to g/vg. Of course SOME books exist in nice condition due to our luck that some of them exist from pedigree collections like the Church & Larson collections. I CAN say that one book in particular that seems common in nice condition is Super Mystery vol5 #4. Metro has 3 available copies right now.

lol I totally agree! And there has been two or three in nice condition from other sellers too on eBay in recent months. v2 #4 is tough, so any upgrade is cool. Metro is auctioning soon what they are touting as the highest graded(by Brand X) of v3 #4. It is a beauty. Wonder what that could bring? Not that i'm interested, you know. Just thoughts... :whistle: Edited by Sagii

HA! Good luck my friend, that's gonna go for a fortune!!! I already have a copy (nothing like THAT copy) so I won't likely be going after it. Sure is pretty though!!!!!
'Likely' he says :baiting: , lol .

Well, i hope one of your upcoming scans is your copy. I'd love to see it. That cover is SICK!!!

Banner 4

Four Favorites 7, 10

Lightning vol2 #3

Our Flag 5

Sure-Fire 2

I just got a pretty sweet Four Favorites 22 from a pretty cool dude in the mail!! :foryou: (thumbs u

HA! Good luck my friend, that's gonna go for a fortune!!! I already have a copy (nothing like THAT copy) so I won't likely be going after it. Sure is pretty though!!!!!
'Likely' he says :baiting: , lol .

Well, i hope one of your upcoming scans is your copy. I'd love to see it. That cover is SICK!!!

Ok, my next "scan choice" will be my Super Mystery stash!!!

Since we were talking abut which covers we like best, I posted scans of FF 5 and 9. They are not my books. The Lightning scan and group shot are my books. I think those FF issues were Heritage scans. :sorry: