• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Framing OA

15 posts in this topic

Now that my humble (and I mean very humble) has grown to about 7 pages, i'm wondering if I should frame them or frame some of them. I don't really have a signature piece but each page is loved by me. I don't think framing each page would be economical, so I wondered:

How much of your OA collection is framed?

And what was the determining factor for framing the pages that are framed?

for me, less than 5%

I would rather spend framing money buying more art instead of frames but certain pieces need to be displayed.

My loved ones also framed my art as a gift, since having them select art as a gift is a perilous exercise!

I only have 2 pages framed and on the wall and don't plan to frame any others as I'd rather put that money towards new art purchases. I have swapped pages out of one of the frames though to change it up a little.

How much of your OA collection is framed?

And what was the determining factor for framing the pages that are framed?

I have four or five framed pieces(out of a few hundred, or about 1%). So far I have only framed covers because I like the one big image on the wall and I like to keep my pages together, in order (bit of a fanatic in that regard)

I framed these TWO PIECES myself and it was very easy and not very much money, but as others have stated, $100 framing one piece menas $100 less for the next. TIme to order another portfolio makepoint.gif

Mike

I think I've said this here before, but I still strongly recommend www.HollywoodPosterFrames.com for framing comic art. I framed a few of my pages from there several years ago (as well as several movie posters) and I think they look very classy. Not to mention, the quality of the materials seems very high and should be very safe for display.

I've always gotten the archival quality frames, for which you can give the exact measurements you need for each page (because as we all know, they're often not exactly 11x17) and choose between several color options. They cut the frames to order and they come ready to be used.

Anyway, I just found an old e-mail from last July from Susan Heim, who runs the company, where she quoted me $32/frame for archival quality frames plus $20 shipping total for six frames (I didn't ask how much shipping was for each one because at the time I was hoping to get a lot). Obviously her prices might have changed since then, but I'm sure they're close.

I have no affiliation with this company, but I can't recommend it highly enough.

Greg

I have a few framed in the house (bought a new house and the walls were blank)

Large Phoenix sketch by Mike Perkins

Phil Noto Phoenix

Birds of Prey Page

Original Padme sketch by Tommy Edwards

Phoenix watercolor by Andy Lee.

Going to get my Bob Layton commission framed when it gets here. There is a local flea market that has a professional framer there that can do super nice handmade frames for around $30

I only have one framed painting, even though the others are worth of framing also. I actually recently took it off the wall permanently because I'm afraid that it's going to fall at some point. I live in an old apartment building with plaster walls. I don't feel comfortable leaving it on the wall with a glass front. If it were to fall, the glass would smash and likely damage the painting.

That's great guys! I want to have my art displayed but I don't think each page will be framed. I may be planning on a commission piece soon and hopefully that will be frame worthy!

Is it possible to see the diplays you guys have talked about? Would love to see how they look in the frame and on the wall.

Thanks!

R