• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #501

20 posts in this topic

did 501 come out already.....or did you mean 500

if it is 500 i will have to agree I loved it especially the last panel which totally rocked.....i have told friends to pick it up just because of that last page

Yea I was talking about #501.

I just think the art and the writting were great on this issue. I wasn't that big a fan of the last storyarc, but I still loved it. I really liked the prequel issue to that last storyline where doom tricks his ex ladyfriend.

My favorite scene of issue #501 was when Human Torch and Mr. Fantastic go back in time, to where doom is sitting under a tree with his ladyfriend, and human torch is acting like he is going to shoot doom and change the present.

And wow that last panel with Franklin cursing and hitting people, if his expower pack members could see him now.

I LOVED IT! I like the scar on Mr. Fantastics face, it was much clearer. I couldnt tell in the last panel of 500 that it was in the shape of doom's hand.

I really am enjoying how waid is developing these characters.

It is a darn shame Marvel let him go.

Big mistake.

Anyone know what number is his last issue?

Was it just me or did this issue rock!

Great read and loved the details, but silly ending...OOOHHHHH Franklin swears!!! He's a frickin' teenager..it's about time he started using a Marvel MAX mouth?

But this is typical FF: Reed brooding on his own, even his wife calls it. Johnny being the dummy of the group as usual. Interesting how he uses the FF time machine (when did they get/make this - it sits around like a freakin' appliance; how come they haven't used it before ?) to go back and make it seem like they are going back to pull a "Terminator" on Victor von Doom, just as he's about to get some as a pre-pubescent lad off The Swiss Miss . Is that lederhosen Doom's sporting?

The Thing lumbering through Coney Island - how typical. Nice twist to the guy hitting on Susan - is she still hot after all these years, turning on tennage boys? I'm surprised - she is a mommy of 2, after all....

and Franklin after not speaking all issue long because of his ordeal in HEll, but can write fairly legibly and coherently, can't tell his parents what's wrong, throws an uber-hissy at the end and alienates the FF's fans...

Now that I think about it, the issue was trite and contrived. Yet I still enjoyed the further exposition that was necessary after the blockbuster 500 issue...I may pick up this series until Waid's 508 and then jet...

"Interesting how he uses the FF time machine (when did they get/make this - it sits around like a freakin' appliance; how come they haven't used it before ?)"

Used first in FF #5 vol 1.... not a big silver age guy huh?

Duly noted 893applaud-thumb.gif...obviously not a Silver Age historian here wink.gif Must get my FF Essentials out now and read them. I thought the time machine was just a convenient contrivance for this issue. Must not have been used much in the 500 issue history if you have to go back to issue 5 for it's last use? tongue.gif

Also used in FF #60 (Waid's first issue). Not really up on the modern stuff either, are you...are you sure you collect comics??

Wasnt that the ones where thing and Torch went back in time and screwed up Davy Crocket? Never saw it Just mentioned the time travel!

I recall that the Thing used Doctor Doom's time machine to travel back in time to cure his younger self in Marvel Two-In-One #50. The machine was in the Baxter Building so they must have taken it from Doom at some point.

Kev

Nice twist to the guy hitting on Susan - is she still hot after all these years, turning on tennage boys? I'm surprised - she is a mommy of 2, after all....

Obviously never been to one of the copious MILF sites... shocked.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Nice twist to the guy hitting on Susan - is she still hot after all these years, turning on tennage boys? I'm surprised - she is a mommy of 2, after all....

Obviously never been to one of the copious MILF sites... shocked.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Oh yeah.

Milf Hunter rocks!!

Was it just me or did this issue rock!

(snippage)

and Franklin after not speaking all issue long because of his ordeal in HEll, but can write fairly legibly and coherently, can't tell his parents what's wrong, throws an uber-hissy at the end and alienates the FF's fans...

(snippage)

The writing was Ben's, not Franklin's. He''s shown writing about halfway through the issue.

I also enjoyed the issue. It's nice to see the FF dealing with "real life" every once in a while instead of galaxy-threatening situations.