• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #1 sold @ $23.5K!!!

29 posts in this topic

Last 9.4 sold for $17K over 4 years ago. $6K bump seems high, but its not my $$ confused-smiley-013.gif

Price doesn't seem so unreasonable to me, considering that cracked-and-upgraded 9.4 copies of JLA 1 and Flash 105 sold for more a year or so ago, and those are just stupid old DCs (i.e., extremely narrow collector base) while this is a cool Marvel and is a title that is still popular today (i.e., massive collector base). confused-smiley-013.gif

I think it was a great buy.

When was the last 9.4 offered for sale publically, (or semi-publically like this one)?

(without, as Bob states, cream pages)

35 or 40K would have been crazy, but low 20s for a HG low-census Marvel Key #1?

no problem here.

assuming that a careful search of all available 9.2 scans doesnt yield a sour BB28 'aftertaste' to the transaction....

I say semi-publically cause it sold so fast that it appears to have been posted after the deal was made offsite... (or I just might have gone for it.)

Check out the cgc number on the comic. Isn't it one of Classics Inc. submissions? I wonder if it's been professionally heat pressed. Alright, who's gonna call cgc on this and find out who submitted it?

Check out the cgc number on the comic. Isn't it one of Classics Inc. submissions? I wonder if it's been professionally heat pressed. Alright, who's gonna call cgc on this and find out who submitted it?

CGC wont tell who submitted the book though.

G man- where have u been?

i think thats a crazy price for av 1 9.4, crazy

buyer will be waiting a long (say 10 years) time to make a profit (if buyer is planning on resale)

thats if theres a buyer for this book in that grade in 10 years