• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 121 & 122

35 posts in this topic

Thanks for the comments everyone.

The 122 just looks like it didn't lie flat on the scanner, my bet is it isn't trimmed. I'd also go with 9.2 possible 9.4 if there aren't hidden spine bends.

Looks to my eye like it starts vertical, bends in, and then goes vertical again. Suspect, I think.

Out of curiosity I grabbed a book at random and decided to scan it, and it came out looking pretty similar to the 122, and I know for a fact it isn't trimmed as I bought this one new off the rack. I'm guessing they both look like that due to using the colored backing board. Here's what the other scan came out like:

Wolverine-1-FC.jpg

Wolverine-1-BC.jpg

I think you did very well . . . who did you buy them from??? grin.gif

Thanks. If I remember correctly, I think I bought them from zillaf4. confused-smiley-013.gif

My experiences on buying hundreds of books off e-bay, which I realize isn't the best reference I found Nick to be the tightest grader and quite often thought he under graded certain books. Still my favorite e-bay seller. hail.gifhail.gif

Easy Fay... I can smell it from here!!! poke2.gif

Maybe that was a bit thick Paul and I'm serious. stooges.gif

I really like his grading and he's a good bloke. I'll say it again, my favorite e-bay seller. thumbsup2.gif

My experiences on buying hundreds of books off e-bay, which I realize isn't the best reference I found Nick to be the tightest grader and quite often thought he under graded certain books. Still my favorite e-bay seller. hail.gifhail.gif

I really like his grading and he's a good bloke. I'll say it again, my favorite e-bay seller. thumbsup2.gif

flowerred.gifhi.gif

flowerred.gifhi.gif

gossip.gifhi.gifflowerred.giftakeit.gif

great books, would definitely love to have these. i say 9.4 and 9.2, respectively. maybe even a shot at 9.4 on the 122.

You did see the grades about 6 posts up, didn't you? They ended up getting a 9.2 and 9.6. 893applaud-thumb.gif

oops missed it. i just looked at the initial scans then posted. now that i see your wolverine 1 it looks similar to mine. almost appears to look trimmed, but like you i know for a fact mine isn't because my brother was the one who bought it new.

hell i even have a slabbed asm 361 in 9.8 that looks the exact same as your wolverine 1. when i bought it off ebay i never asked for up close scans, because i already new what grade it was, but when i opened it out of the packaging all i could wonder how it was possible.