• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
48 48

48,565 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, BB-Gun said:

I love the robots and art by Burnley in All Star 13.

I have more good memories about AS 23 and more people seem to like AS 33 but AS13 is a fine science fiction story, with superheroes.

Each is cool in its own way (13 is one I am missing from mini run).  12 is more WWII specific i.e. my comment, 13 more sci-fi imo.  16 rocks too imo.

9 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Got this from one of my fave chums here some time back,but just got around to getting a picture!

Colours are  great in hand,deep reds!

B5wGLh6.jpg?1

52 Lip-smacking pages or is it fish-smacking?

Every kid needs one of these.  One of my kids mentioned to me that Kirk Douglas is 101.  It got me thinking about whether any significant Hollywood actor from the 1930s was still alive (Kirk wouldn't qualify because his first film came out in 1946).  I thought of Mickey Rooney, but, alas, turns out he died in 2014 (aged 93).

Per Wikipedia:  Rooney was the top box-office attraction from 1939 to 1941 and one of the best-paid actors of that era.  I remember as a kid seeing him on talk shows where he would state that fact, usually adding "I was bigger than Clark Gable!"

2018-01-11-0001_zpsrkxdxabf.JPG

17 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Cool!

Thanks Sqeggs, and to everyone who "reacted" to the posts :smile:

Recently caught the GA bug, and thought what a way to start the year by picking up some GA Captain Marvel.  I remember talking with my mother about comics, and she said that if there was one hero she liked, it would be the original CM; purchased these in her memory R. I. P. :angel:

18 minutes ago, Sandflea said:

Thanks Sqeggs, and to everyone who "reacted" to the posts :smile:

Recently caught the GA bug, and thought what a way to start the year by picking up some GA Captain Marvel.  I remember talking with my mother about comics, and she said that if there was one hero she liked, it would be the original CM; purchased these in her memory R. I. P. :angel:

A nice tribute (thumbsu