• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,426 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Purchased yesterday afternoon at Chicago Wizard...  :whee:

bce499ca-3b71-4cd4-ab75-9fca77d5ea36_zps

Now that's sweet ….. never easy to find those mid run copies. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

1 minute ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Prize #20 in particular, very rare indeed.  :headbang:

They're truly tough ….. I remember snapping up the mid run issues in early 2000's for 50 and 60 bucks for nice mid grade.... but it was very sporadic..... now they go for 20X that and they STILL don't turn up. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

9 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Red84 was kind enough to show me this book at Wizard World Chicago, and I can confirm that the colors look even better than the photos suggest!

Thanks. It was great talking with you again. Hope you add many more Mystery Men to your collection!

8 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Very happy to pick up my 2nd favorite Fox cover on HA tonight, Mystery Men Comics 10 (Science 2 is my top so I through in my copy of that as well). I’ve been becoming more comfortable with restored books for really tough issues like this. When I gave up my Larson MM 10 I thought I would never get another, so I’m pretty stoked right now to have a pretty copy that I’m not so deep into that I’m tempted to sell.

AEA20F5B-93B9-4B59-A415-7DD2219F60AE.jpeg

C199F7AC-BA63-4A29-A6C6-36986318445E.jpeg

Major congrats Rick!  I was tempted on that MM10...its a beauty and I love those...fantastic books!!!

11 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Very happy to pick up my 2nd favorite Fox cover on HA tonight, Mystery Men Comics 10 (Science 2 is my top so I through in my copy of that as well). I’ve been becoming more comfortable with restored books for really tough issues like this. When I gave up my Larson MM 10 I thought I would never get another, so I’m pretty stoked right now to have a pretty copy that I’m not so deep into that I’m tempted to sell.

AEA20F5B-93B9-4B59-A415-7DD2219F60AE.jpeg

C199F7AC-BA63-4A29-A6C6-36986318445E.jpeg

I was tracking that!  Along with Cap 4, Modern Comics 59, Superman 14 & Teen-Age Romances #43.  I'm glad I chose not to bid now lol 

Sweet book, congrats!