• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

Warehouse find? hm

:jokealert:

It may seem there are a lot of club members, but by comparison of 'accounted' for (certified) copies to two other highly desireable 'Classic cover' books, it still can't be considered 'common' yet: Hangman 3 (33 total copies graded), Detective Comics 31 (87 total copies graded) Captain America Comics #3 (97 total copies graded).

1 hour ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Been after this Ramona Patenaude cover for quite awhile. Slight resto so I’m still hoping to pry away @skypinkblu lovely copy someday ??? This will do for now!! Love the splash too...

Big 3 #744234390821_8829062998_b.jpg

:golfclap:Congrats Gino, great grab!

(Did the eagle land on that other grail last month hm )

2 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Been after this Ramona Patenaude cover for quite awhile. Slight resto so I’m still hoping to pry away @skypinkblu lovely copy someday ??? This will do for now!! Love the splash too...

Cool cover but there's no "Ramona" -- just one of several pseudonyms for a male artist whose first name escapes me.

1 hour ago, sagii said:

:golfclap:Congrats Gino, great grab!

(Did the eagle land on that other grail last month hm )

Corey what’s up brother!!! No unfortunately I was the underbidder ? I meant to PM you but Ive gotten sucked into IG this past month and should be spending more time over here again

1 hour ago, adamstrange said:

Cool cover but there's no "Ramona" -- just one of several pseudonyms for a male artist whose first name escapes me.

I had started a thread about it a few years ago and one response I got was that it was actually done by a man named Roland Patenaude. I then heard and I can’t remember where that that might be false so I just have kept saying Romana although it very well may be Roland. CGC notes it as Ramona on their labels. The boardie who stated it was Roland linked a great article I am sure i can find it later once i wake up!! Thanks brother 

42 minutes ago, RogueRunner said:

About as close as I’ll ever get to owning Batman #1. I don’t collect individual pages, but with Batman being my all-time favorite superhero, I was very happy to add this to my collection. It features Batman in action, in most of the panels: 

529EE310-9951-47F1-B318-DB045FB9E102.jpeg

F3A8C977-4012-4966-A5F6-B8E34F3605C0.jpeg

76F2E1C4-EC09-45AC-B8FD-032FA8DA38E9.jpeg

2D49BFC8-2AC2-4DFC-9D90-6E6CFEE2C5D4.jpeg

From the last true solo Batman story of the Golden Age.

1 hour ago, RogueRunner said:

About as close as I’ll ever get to owning Batman #1. I don’t collect individual pages, but with Batman being my all-time favorite superhero, I was very happy to add this to my collection. It features Batman in action, in most of the panels: 

529EE310-9951-47F1-B318-DB045FB9E102.jpeg

F3A8C977-4012-4966-A5F6-B8E34F3605C0.jpeg

76F2E1C4-EC09-45AC-B8FD-032FA8DA38E9.jpeg

2D49BFC8-2AC2-4DFC-9D90-6E6CFEE2C5D4.jpeg

Can't go wrong with Batman killing some goons!

1 hour ago, sagii said:

Cross posting from the Baker Thread (and why not? (: ) more backstory there.

I thought for sure this would come back a 9.0. Oh well, over the moon still. The colors on this thing 'POP' :luhv:

Western Bandit Trails #3.jpg

It probably didn't get a 9.0 because she splashed water on the cover when she stepped in the stream...hm