• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

This just in...I love this oddball stuff...one really odd aspect of this book is that the back cover is blank (inside and out) and the front cover is blank on the inside except for very minimal publisher info...

Lucky "7" #1 1944

lucky1.jpg

"Crimes Set to Music" sounds like a good name for Justin Timberlake's latest album. Now THAT's a crime!

What are you doing listening to Justin Timberlake in the first place!? Go get thee to a Wilco CD!!

Amazing-Man #5 (1st issue Centaur) pre-cursor to Timely Marvel Comics #1? Ostreet states issues #1-4 were Motion Pictures Funnies (1st Everett Sub-mariner 8 pgs.). #5 has origin of Amazing-Man by Everett & Iron Skull android by Carl Burgos. Burgos went on to draw his 2nd android creation the Human Torch 1 month later in Marvel #1 (1939).

If u squint, u can read A-man's origin:

amaz-man5.jpg

893whatthe.gif I LOVE those old Centaurs ! That book is so nice! 893applaud-thumb.gif I'll see if I can post a few of mine up in the next week or two. Not super high grades but I love' em none the less. Early Everett,Burgos,etc.art gotta love it!!!!

Thanks Pov...I'm not sure if this is a Canadian book or not but it has some some pretty neat stories in it...

This is what is inside:

[*]Allie =a story about a dorky little kid who causes mischief ala. Dennis the menace.

[*]Argus Inc. = a couple of private detectives with several lackeys solving mysteries.

[*]Willie = a one page Sluggo type comic.

[*]Danjoe = a Joe Palooka ripoff.

[*]Punch Powers = a Flash Gordon wannabe.

[*]Winged Warriors = looks like a prototype of Black Sheep Squadron.

[*]Dash Darwin = a Buck Rodgers wannabe.

[*]The Congo Raider = a deadly masked crusader with no qualms about killing someone with his knife.

Definatly one of my cooler aquisitions... thumbsup2.gif

This one's pretty obscure, but for some reason I really like the green masthead and red background.

1-1073527856.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

Gorgeous book, Win. And with white pages, to boot.

Hey, where are you at in Chicago? Exact address, time and days you're away from home, any security codes at your place -- you know, basic info -- would be great ...! grin.gif

Alan

My exact address? Hmmmmmmmm...........1060 West Addison.

Isn't that right, Elwood? cool.gif

Right, Jake. Now I gotta go get me some dry white toast. And a glass of water.

I want four whole chickens. And a coke.

amazingman23.jpg

marksman.jpg

My exact address? Hmmmmmmmm...........1060 West Addison.

Isn't that right, Elwood? cool.gif

Right, Jake. Now I gotta go get me some dry white toast. And a glass of water.

Hey Pedigree...What burb are you in? I'm in the west burbs myself.