• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,388 posts in this topic

Sac Con is a the Sacramento Comics Convention. It's a small con put on quarterly here in Sacramento.

linkey-poo

Whoah thanks! Sac is only a couple of hours away. So is there much in the way of older books there?

There's a few dealers who are always there who have some good older books. There's also some fairly decent bargain hunting: lots of $1 and under boxes. Other than that, it can be a [!@#%^&^] shoot. In March there was a guy selling his entire collection at half guide. I picked up some really nice VFish early silver age Green Lanterns for $40 each instead of $80. Last time the golden age pickings were a bit slim (at least for me), but I did find the two Planet Comics.

I'd say the show is worth checking out once. If you like it, you can come back. If not, Sacramento isn't that far a drive. Let me know if you're going to make it. I usually hit the show early and spend a few hours bargain hunting.

There seems to be couple of cover variants? Some copies have that miniature Mickey head above M(ickey Mouse)

So you probably have to keep both copies of Vol2 #12 and Vol2 #13 grin.gif

Personally I would keep copies with better page quality and cover colors/ink reflectivity.If they are close in those terms I'd keep copies without writing/stamps.

Arty,

I can't believe that - never noticed it myself?? I just checked my other double copies and found at least 5 more that have both variations. For the remaining pairs, both have the same marking.

This is really strange since all are file copies that at one time were stored in the same archives. I have not idea why they made two variations?