• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,421 posts in this topic

My guess is it's ovevalued in guide - as it lists for over half what an actual copy of Comics Cavalcade #9 does

I thought that was weird, too...on the flipside, though, it's odd that this one's not in the Gerber guide, which begs the question...how rare is it?

One the one hand, one might argue that Gerber simply wasn't interested in a lot of giveaways and didn't bother to make a comprehensive account of them in the photojournals. On the other hand, it's hard to imagine that Gerber would have passed on listing anything with the title "Comic Cavalcade" in it had he be able to scrounge up a copy, given the significance of the series to GA DC history. Plus, he's got one of the other three CC giveaways listed, the more famous one with the Nazi imagery, so the absence of this giveaway in the gerber books is curious. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Congrats.

Thanks!

I still need ~ 240 to finish the run so a long ways off. I am complete from 401 up and almost complete from 281 and up. Below that, I need quite a few, especially in the 121-160 range and the 201 to 240 range. I have certain condition criteria and I am cheap so I am always bargin hunting. I plan to just keep hacking away at the run until I finish it...

Edited by batman_fan

Recent purchase from Heritage, post auction. Still trying to finish the Detective run...

det96s.jpg

Greg, do you have a 'Tec #91? The 7.5 on Comiclink is really nice. The defects must be on the back cover, because the front looks much nicer.

Fun when you collect a title no one else does, there's nothing to talk about, but the prices are right. I do enjoy owning these nice but impossible to find issues. For $100 it seems worth it at 30% above guide. Anyone have any elder Warner Bros file comics?

And not a Dallas Stephens to boot.

bugs30lab.jpg

bugs30.jpg

Thanks for the complement. Yeah, too bad it isn't higher on the Gerber SI. But hey, like I said, bought it at a lower grade and got it back at 8.0. I am seriously going to buy from that seller again.

Edited by Timulty