• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,428 posts in this topic

Sweet books! Agree with your sentiments re having a book and a porsche! 27_laughing.gif

Thanks Bronty! Since we are talking about comics and Porsches, here is my car..

Purchased with the money I saved not buying high grade unrestored key golden age! smile.gif

pics snipped

Edited by ciorac

Here's my other win from the Heritage auction today. It guides for $460 in 9.2, and I either paid $334 or $390 for it. takeit.gif

Can someone enlighten me on what the following means??? confused.gif

You won this lot with a secret maximum bid of $326.

($389.57 w/Buyer's Premium (BP)).

Sold for: $334.60 (includes BP)

great1.jpg

Here's my other win from the Heritage auction today. It guides for $460 in 9.2, and I either paid $334 or $390 for it. takeit.gif

Can someone enlighten me on what the following means??? confused.gif

You won this lot with a secret maximum bid of $326.

($389.57 w/Buyer's Premium (BP)).

Sold for: $334.60 (includes BP)

great1.jpg

My guess is that the bidding did not go up to your maximum bid, but was less as indicated in the final cost plus buyers premium quoted.

My guess is that the bidding did not go up to your maximum bid, but was less as indicated in the final cost plus buyers premium quoted.

Agreed. It seems that the winning bid was $280 + 19.5% BP (if that much) = 280*1.195 = 334.60. Congrats!

Ciorac:

WOW... I got here a bit late, but just wanted to say

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

on the MARVEL MYSTERY #4, and ESPECIALLY the #9!! Beauty book!! Very nice!!

The #4 is slightly nicer than the EBAY #4 you bid on , no?? 27_laughing.gif

Thanks Ryan! You're right, it is a tad better..

wink.gif

This is a lifetime long grail! Since I first saw this cover in an overstreet, probably 1984 or 1986, this has been one of my most desired comics. I can't say why really, I find the image and colors simple and endlessly appealing, maybe that and the scarcity factor. Anyway, Thanks to House of comics, roughly 20 years later I have one! THe weird thing is NONE of the puzzles are filled in, but one page has 2 kids drawings in pencil on it, unrelated to the page! Its like they had an open book to write all over this thing, and all they did was 2 scribbles on a random page! I guess ADD has been around for a loooong time. Without furhter ado...YAHOOO!!!!!!

gametime0001.jpg

So you get to do all the puzzles yourself - congrats thumbsup2.gif

sign-funnypost.gif