• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

Ed - that is a KILLER BOOK!!! Awsome......looks like I could reach through and grab the darn thing....congratulations....that is a winner!!! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Ed?

893censored-thumb.gif sorry, Bill - I meant Bill, not sure where the heck Ed came from......sorry about that....must'a had a few to many wobbly-pops that night....great book though!!!

Wowee, a stunning Detective #1. How awesome is that book?! acclaim.gif

Humor books continue to get no respect, I tell ya, no respect at all. This one is 9.4 old label, and I love the cover art:

Mad22.jpg

Ed - that is a KILLER BOOK!!! Awsome......looks like I could reach through and grab the darn thing....congratulations....that is a winner!!! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Ed?

893censored-thumb.gif sorry, Bill - I meant Bill, not sure where the heck Ed came from......sorry about that....must'a had a few to many wobbly-pops that night....great book though!!!

Thanks EBP! I know all about too many wobbly-pops...

grin.gif

Wowee, a stunning Detective #1. How awesome is that book?! acclaim.gif

Humor books continue to get no respect, I tell ya, no respect at all. This one is 9.4 old label, and I love the cover art:

Mad22.jpg

Thanks! And for the record I love the issue of Mad!

Just arrived today! I cracked it out of the slab, and swooned!

Very nice. My hands would shake too much for me to read it. Heck, my hands shake when I'm holding a $20 book. foreheadslap.gif

I know what you mean. But, you get used to it after a while. I still take it out each day and smell it.

cloud9.gif

I posted this in the Sensation Thread and I'll think I'll post it here. I can now cross another one off the old want list. yay.gif

SensationComics88.jpg

Great book thumbsup2.gif ...the yellow cover, red logo, elevated camera and "Hollywood" stage setting brings to mind Young Allies #5:

241153896_12f48e620e_b.jpg

GE

is this a tough one to get?

Extremely. Only 5 or so in the census, only two have sold through Heritage in years and one was restored, the other was a 4.5. Highest in the census is a 7.0 the next two are 4.5's and then a couple lower graded ones. This looks like a respectable mid grade copy and I can't remember when I have seen a decent copy for sale on some of the major GA dealers websites.