• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,437 posts in this topic

Just came today. Another one to scratch off the want list! headbang.gif

6FourColor0010FNfcsm.jpg

Maybe my favorite Four Color, and for me tied with Single Series 20 (Tarzan) as most desirable of the genre.

Well done, Theagenes! thumbsup2.gif

STEVE

Maybe my favorite Four Color, and for me tied with Single Series 20 (Tarzan) as most desirable of the genre.

STEVE

Thanks - I actually got my Single Series #20 a week ago (see the Beater Grail thread). Two of my personal grails in one week! acclaim.gif

This is my first Golden Age purchase this year. It has always been one of my favorite cover.

Practically a modern book compared to the books you've posted. stooges.gif

That is such a cool cover by Win Mortimer and, while not scarce like early Detectives, not one you see around every day. 893applaud-thumb.gif

whiz25r.jpg

hello all..

this is all I have for today...waiting on a package from Filter81, and from Marnin R, and then I will put together a nice new "group" shot...

rick

From Rob? Very nice!

hello all...

yes, from RH...I love it!

rick

Ciorac you are on a roll of late, some incredible books. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks SS. I think the run is going to coming to a grinding halt for a while now. I have spent my year end bonus on golden age!

Time to regin it in.

hello all..

this is all I have for today...waiting on a package from Filter81, and from Marnin R, and then I will put together a nice new "group" shot...

rick

From Rob? Very nice!

hello all...

rick

You should!

STEVE

Thanks - I actually got my Single Series #20 a week ago (see the Beater Grail thread). Two of my personal grails in one week! acclaim.gif

Wonderful feeling isn't it?! Congratulations! 893applaud-thumb.gif

whiz25r.jpg

hello all..

rick

From Rob? Very nice!

hello all...

rick

very nice book 893applaud-thumb.gif stunning cover

Exciting Comics #53

Cover by Alex Schomburg

Here's a recent pickup. My consolation prize for not getting the Church copy (9.6) on one of the recent Heritage auctions. This frees up a very nice undercopy, PM if you're seriously interested.

exciting53-cgc9.jpg

Exciting Comics #53

Cover by Alex Schomburg

Here's a recent pickup. My consolation prize for not getting the Church copy (9.6) on one of the recent Heritage auctions. This frees up a very nice undercopy, PM if you're seriously interested.

exciting53-cgc9.jpg

Congratulations. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Exciting Comics #53

Cover by Alex Schomburg

exciting53-cgc9.jpg

As much as I'm a fan of nm+ Church copies, I think I could be pretty happy with 2nd Place in this case! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

That's an odd costume. She's got to be lying on her left side for her logo to be legible -- and if she flips on her right side, people mistake her for Wonder Woman?

Great looking book cover!

Jack

Exciting Comics #53

Cover by Alex Schomburg

exciting53-cgc9.jpg

As much as I'm a fan of nm+ Church copies, I think I could be pretty happy with 2nd Place in this case! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Considering the premium for the extra .4 grade would have cost at least $1800, my wallet agrees with you. That's not to say I wouldn't go for the extra grade or pedigree, depending on the book.

That's an odd costume. She's got to be lying on her left side for her logo to be legible -- and if she flips on her right side, people mistake her for Wonder Woman?

Great looking book cover!

Jack

It is an odd-one -- this is her only cover appearance in this costume, as far as I know. She went to the bare-midriff costume for later appearances, and dropped the hat.