• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,433 posts in this topic

As one who has a nascent Octopus cover collection, you guys have now made me very happy and very sad. Happy to find a few other covers, sad because they're probably out of my current price range.

Other octopus covers include Rangers 39 (tentacles only) and Seven Seas 3.

I think this is the only one I have.

mm0052-1.jpg

Cool! I've never seen that one before. 893applaud-thumb.gif

You know it's weird - none of the four 20,000 Leages Under the Sea comic covers have the giant squid. There's three CI covers and one FC, but they have sharks instead. frown.gif OTH, both CI Toilers of the Sea covers have octopi.

As one who has a nascent Octopus cover collection, you guys have now made me very happy and very sad. Happy to find a few other covers, sad because they're probably out of my current price range.

Other octopus covers include Rangers 39 (tentacles only) and Seven Seas 3.

Here is an unpublished Chesler cover....probably destined for Punch Comics...with an nice octopus....

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece...at=0&UCat=0

As a lover of octopi, I try to pick up any covers within the 1939 to 1940 range featuring the slippery little devils.

These have been posted in the Centaur thread:

DETECTIVE EYE #2

1607546-DETEYE2_POST.jpg

1607546-DETEYE2_POST.jpg.7eb2a30061b3a196227fa94f6af87991.jpg

Edited by RyanH

Love that unpublished Chesler cover hail.gif

Here is the last I have of the few octopus covers I managed to accumulate about 10 years ago - I think Cartier was second only to Frazetta when it cam to drawing squids and octopi. It's in the Marketplace now (shameless plug).

supermag.jpg

Nice! I've never seen that one before. I've got to admit, I haven't looked at Super-Magician much, but the covers I've seen have been pretty cool. Kind of like Super-Mystery that way.

Here's a recent pick-up:

whizcomics9.jpg

cloud9.gif

The intact Church run of Whiz must have been quite a sight!

Nice! I've never seen that one before. I've got to admit, I haven't looked at Super-Magician much, but the covers I've seen have been pretty cool. Kind of like Super-Mystery that way.

Here's a recent pick-up:

whizcomics9.jpg

Why are her knees so red? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here's a recent pick-up:

whizcomics9.jpg

Dang, that's a beautiful book. 893applaud-thumb.gif

It could also qualify as a "double entendre" cover as well. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif