• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

Are you still going after all the books on the Gerber Photo-Journal Covers? Last I'd heard you had 30 of the 80.
You bet! I'm up to 38/80 now. More coming I hope! However, I'm getting into the 4 figure books now so it's going to slow down considerably. I've decided to keep this one even though I sort of overpaid:

terrific4.jpg

893whatthe.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Covers like that are why we love GA!

A recent acquisition. Alas I'll probably list it on ebay in the near future - but it's great flipping through it - lots of Baker inside, as well as a scarce St. Johns romance book - Adventures into Romance #1 with great Leonard Starr art.

diarysecrets.jpg

A recent acquisition. Alas I'll probably list it on ebay in the near future - but it's great flipping through it - lots of Baker inside, as well as a scarce St. Johns romance book - Adventures into Romance #1 with great Leonard Starr art.

diarysecrets.jpg

Great Baker cover cloud9.gif If you ever want to sell... takeit.gif

GE

diarysecrets.jpg

Whoawhoawhoawhoa...I think the good folks here on the board should have a shot at it first poke2.gif

(Rip's been looking for one for sometime, check his sigline)

Are you still going after all the books on the Gerber Photo-Journal Covers? Last I'd heard you had 30 of the 80.
You bet! I'm up to 38/80 now. More coming I hope! However, I'm getting into the 4 figure books now so it's going to slow down considerably. I've decided to keep this one even though I sort of overpaid:

terrific4.jpg

893whatthe.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Covers like that are why we love GA!

Love that book- happy you kept it!

Thanks! This is the 2nd best copy I have seen since I started looking, apart from a VF copy that Metro had for sale for all of 1 minute. All other copies were either semi-beaters or restored. Definitely ranks up there with 44 and 48 as one of the toughest WW2 Actions to get.

I am feeling like this is my last GA Superman purchase... apart from the SECOND Superman grail book I'm waiting to arrive...! The market for them has just moved beyond my budget.

so, you haven't received that book yet ? it is the one I'm thinking of right ?

Cool Bat Scrooge!

Thank you. Nothing better than some Robin bondage and some meeeeooowww early Catwoman! It is of course the March 1952 issue (insert broken record here). grin.gif

AND issue #69 with a Catwoman cover! yay.gif