• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,425 posts in this topic

Cool Bat Scrooge!

Thank you. Nothing better than some Robin bondage and some meeeeooowww early Catwoman! It is of course the March 1952 issue (insert broken record here). grin.gif

Nothing like 50s Bat goodness!

You're narrowing down the list. What's the count of the books you still need?

Edited by adamstrange

Cool Bat Scrooge!

Thank you. Nothing better than some Robin bondage and some meeeeooowww early Catwoman! It is of course the March 1952 issue (insert broken record here). grin.gif

Nothing like 50s Bat goodness!

You're narrowing down the list. What's the count of the books you still need?

Was this Batman one of the priciest ones?

Is Four Color 386 #1?

Jack

Was this Batman one of the priciest ones?

Is Four Color 386 #1?

Jack

You guys should know not ask for details by now ...

After I receive the Joe Palooka Ed sold me this week, I'll have 368 books in hand and 52 left to go (of which 18 are romance books).

Batman is "pricey" but only the 12th priciest. Well, at least by OSPG standards which are out of whack screwy.gif

Top 12 are in descending order, i.e. highest first:

Fawcett Movie Comic: The Man from Planet X

Weird Tales of the Future

Four Color: Uncle Scrooge

House of Mystery

Mystery Tales

Thing!

Space Busters

Weird Thrillers

Shock Suspenstories

Strange Tales

Venus

Batman

I have no idea why these painted covers by Ziff-Davis are listed that high in the Guide. I keep on hoping for a copy of Space Busters to show up with a low opening bid on eBay because it's definitely worth far less than guide. The other 2 on that Top 12 list I don't already have are The Man from Planet X which guides for $650 in Fine (another screwy.gif) and the Venus which I know is going to cost me dearly. I'm at the point where I might actually forego getting a copy of The Man from Planet X and pick up the reprint or hope to see one on eBay: a copy shows up once every other year or so ( Christo_pull_hair.gif for not buying that copy 3 years ago).

The other 2 on that Top 12 list I don't already have are The Man from Planet X which guides for $650 in Fine (another screwy.gif) and the Venus which I know is going to cost me dearly. I'm at the point where I might actually forego getting a copy of The Man from Planet X and pick up the reprint or hope to see one on eBay: a copy shows up once every other year or so ( Christo_pull_hair.gif for not buying that copy 3 years ago).

The Man from Planet X is a true Reform School Girl! like pre-code exotic grail. $650 in fine per OPG......... 27_laughing.gif. If an unrestored Fine 6.0 copy of this very rare and extremely condition sensitive book surfaced, it would probably sell for more like $6500.

This is a GREAT book to have on your want list thumbsup2.gif

The other 2 on that Top 12 list I don't already have are The Man from Planet X which guides for $650 in Fine (another screwy.gif) and the Venus which I know is going to cost me dearly. I'm at the point where I might actually forego getting a copy of The Man from Planet X and pick up the reprint or hope to see one on eBay: a copy shows up once every other year or so ( Christo_pull_hair.gif for not buying that copy 3 years ago).

The Man from Planet X is a true Reform School Girl! like pre-code exotic grail. $650 in fine per OPG......... 27_laughing.gif. If an unrestored Fine 6.0 copy of this very rare and extremely condition sensitive book surfaced, it would probably sell for more like $6500.

This is a GREAT book to have on your want list thumbsup2.gif

note to self. Sell all copies of Man from Planet X to showcase-4

A recent acquisition. Alas I'll probably list it on ebay in the near future - but it's great flipping through it - lots of Baker inside, as well as a scarce St. Johns romance book - Adventures into Romance #1 with great Leonard Starr art.

diarysecrets.jpg

Wow!! A true classic !! & rare to boot.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

A recent acquisition. Alas I'll probably list it on ebay in the near future - but it's great flipping through it - lots of Baker inside, as well as a scarce St. Johns romance book - Adventures into Romance #1 with great Leonard Starr art.

diarysecrets.jpg

Awesome book...if you want to sell takeit.gif

GE

Kudos to Agro for selling me this sharp looking 4.5
You're welcome. You see, with the proceeds from that and others, I got this:

exciting5.jpg

So more Kudos to nearmint! In fact, I need to go post in that thread too...! thumbsup2.gif Another Gerber cover cover down. 41 to go...

exciting5.jpg

So more Kudos to nearmint! In fact, I need to go post in that thread too...! thumbsup2.gif Another Gerber cover cover down. 41 to go...

Sweet 8.0!

You'd think those rocket packs would burn their pantaloons.

exciting5.jpg

BEAUTIFUL book Argo23!!! Just stunning. I have been eyeing those early EXCITING's , and its just a matter of time til I take the plunge...

893applaud-thumb.gif

Kudos to Agro for selling me this sharp looking 4.5 (graded by that other company).

bluebolt118-2.jpg

Love the colors on this! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Bought this Jumbo Comics #10 at the NY Con....One of my favorite covers, classic Lou Fine and scarce with only 3 in CGC census. yay.gif

402783426_91d6558325_b.jpg

GE

hail.gifhail.gifhail.giftakeit.gif

Don't suppose you'd consider selling it for cash and a raw VG-ish copy...? tongue.gif

Bought this Jumbo Comics #10 at the NY Con....One of my favorite covers, classic Lou Fine and scarce with only 3 in CGC census. yay.gif

402783426_91d6558325_b.jpg

GE

Nice! The seller had that listed on Comiclink (in fact, it's still on there). Also, Metropolis has the other CGC 6.5 copy (the "D" copy) on their site. I've had my eye on that for a while. Sweet pick up! thumbsup2.gif

It's been a great year so far. 893applaud-thumb.gif In case people didn't see this in the Comic General thread, here's a recent pickup:

SupMag2v3.jpg

Plus, I know I'm picking up at least one GA book at Wondercon this weekend. yay.gif