• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,425 posts in this topic

One more thing....between these boards and all the back issues of CBM I've collected, (with many thanks to Michael Naiman), I've come to appreciate the GA era more and more. That's probably the most important factor of all.

Brad

Beautiful book Red. What was it about that book that convinced you to make the plunge? I'm always curious to know what makes a Silver Age collector put his toe in the Golden Age pond.

Combination of things.....first off, I've wanted an Okajima pedigree book to add to my collection, because of the intriguing backstory (what there is off it) and I wanted one with the signature on it.

Plus the Cole cover and the beautiful condition. And CW gave me a counteroffer I thought was very fair.

And there you have it! wink.gif

A white cover Okajima is quite a book, moreso out of a slab than in. Glad to have you in the club! thumbsup2.gif

Beautiful book Red. What was it about that book that convinced you to make the plunge? I'm always curious to know what makes a Silver Age collector put his toe in the Golden Age pond.

Combination of things.....first off, I've wanted an Okajima pedigree book to add to my collection, because of the intriguing backstory (what there is off it) and I wanted one with the signature on it.

Plus the Cole cover and the beautiful condition. And CW gave me a counteroffer I thought was very fair.

And there you have it! wink.gif

red, it is just a beautiful book. i'm after one [at least] of every g.a. pedigree, and i've got my eye on an o'jima that fits into one of my little runs. ain't saying what/where, just in case my big mouth led an adversary for the book to the feeding pen. i will say that if i do not win the book, the guy who does will have to like it alot because he will have paid a dear price for it.

Well, after a rather disappointing week in comics starting off with two ebay purchases that were overgraded, I received this beauty yesterday. The colors are so vibrant on this book it has to be seen to be believed. I bought this from Metropolis shortly after they listed the run missing the #3, which I want the most, but this is a close second.

Ken

slambang4.jpg

Well, after a rather disappointing week in comics starting off with two ebay purchases that were overgraded, I received this beauty yesterday. The colors are so vibrant on this book it has to be seen to be believed. I bought this from Metropolis shortly after they listed the run missing the #3, which I want the most, but this is a close second.

Ken

slambang4.jpg

Just stunning.

Ken

slambang4.jpg

i love it! very nice, sir.

Ken

slambang4.jpg

Does that have super-heavy gloss? That must rock! headbang.gif

Ken

slambang4.jpg

Adam, didn't you have a Church Slam Bang back in the day? #2 or #7? I remember a red cover.

Thanks for all the nice coments on the book. It does indeed have high gloss. The book looks like it was printed yesterday and has the typical MH white pages.

Ken

Fabulous book Ken!! hail.gif

Ken

Adam, didn't you have a Church Slam Bang back in the day? #2 or #7? I remember a red cover.

Hasn't senility hit you yet! Darn you and your memory! makepoint.gif

Used to have the #2 which is why I asked the question about the gloss. If it had the same gloss as the #2 (a fire engine red cover that I think Metro also has) then Ken's copy is quite a book!

Edited by adamstrange

Needs a good pressing to fix the spine roll, but it looks great otherwise!

1668833-action61.JPG

Very nice! 893applaud-thumb.gif

fstuffr.jpg

a big thanks to Matthew (shiverbones) for getting me these 4 very tough to find Funny Stuffs!

thanks

rick

That's cool Rick! Matt is a Prince. They look like nice copies too. 893applaud-thumb.gif