• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

893applaud-thumb.gif
893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif
Thanks guys! That gives me 21 Actions. If I don't start buying better quality timber, it will be a while before my next addition. I picked up my log check today, and frustrated.gif

Got this one in today from Heritage. Sharp colors on this copy and most of the defects are on the back. Tough issue to find at all, let alone in decent shape (though there is one on eBay right now).

Gotta love the LB Cole jungle covers.

terrifyingtales11.jpg

A couple of recent pick-ups. Two pretty dragon covers! yay.gif

GL26.jpg

FlashComics31.jpg

\

to be sure, it's a great cover under any analysis, but if dweeby wasn't in the boat that would be one of the greatest of all d.c. golden age covers outside 'tec and more fun.

A couple of recent pick-ups. Two pretty dragon covers! yay.gif

GL26.jpg

FlashComics31.jpg

\

to be sure, it's a great cover under any analysis, but if dweeby wasn't in the boat that would be one of the greatest of all d.c. golden age covers outside 'tec and more fun.

Yes, I agree. The scan doesn't do this cover justice. A beauty. I figure that the dooby is kinda small and doesn't take too much away from the cover. One of the few GL's that I like. And, what can you saw about that Shelly cover. One of my favorites.

Got this one in today from Heritage. Sharp colors on this copy and most of the defects are on the back. Tough issue to find at all, let alone in decent shape (though there is one on eBay right now).

terrifyingtales11.jpg

cloud9.gif LOVE that book!!

terrifyingtales11.jpg

cloud9.gif LOVE that book!!

Man, it seems like every month you have enough new LB Coles to do an updated group shot!

I bought this to see if it would be a title worth collecting and methinks I may just pass on the title...anyway I got it cheap and there is a little bit of color touch on the cover.... screwy.gif

target.jpg

I just love this cover for so many reasons, the composition, color combinations and lack of word balloons. The scanner definately doesn't capture the richness of the colors on this one. The purple on this cover is saturated and dark and the yellow is pure and bright.

Ken

smash46.jpg

I just love this cover for so many reasons, the composition, color combinations and lack of word balloons. The scanner definately doesn't capture the richness of the colors on this one. The purple on this cover is saturated and dark and the yellow is pure and bright.

Ken

smash46.jpg

Ken, that is a beauty! One question though. Is that a roll of quarters in Midnight's pocket?

I bought this to see if it would be a title worth collecting and methinks I may just pass on the title...anyway I got it cheap and there is a little bit of color touch on the cover.... screwy.gif

target.jpg

It's not a title that I would collect the whole run, but I like some of the covers....A very inexpensive ebay purchase that arrived today. 1793908-TargetV9%2336.5%2B.JPG1793908-TargetV9%234LBCOLE5.5-6.0.JPG1793908-TargetV9%2373.0.JPG1793908-TargetV6%2393.0.JPG1793908-TargetV7%2373.0spineroll.JPG1793908-TargetV7%2373.0spineroll.JPG

Ken

smash46.jpg

Ken, that is a beauty! One question though. Is that a roll of quarters in Midnight's pocket?

I hope so.

Ken