• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,426 posts in this topic

Nice book! 893applaud-thumb.gif

The amount of detail and the coloring in the background buildings is what makes that book stand out to me.

1793908-TargetV9%2336.5%2B.JPG

Get thee to the short bus thread. Or is this bondage cover at the top of many golf cover collector want lists? Despite a few nice Cole covers and some marginal WW2 Target hero covers, the covers of the later issues of this title fall far short of the promise of the early issues. I'm surprised it ran as long as it did. I imagine it is also an extremely difficult title to complete if one were so inclined. On the plus side, I imagine mid-grade copies on ebay are pretty cheap.

Enough snark - I enjoy seeing books posted that one doesn't see every day - even more so when the covers are kind of goofy thumbsup2.gif

I just love this cover for so many reasons, the composition, color combinations and lack of word balloons. The scanner definately doesn't capture the richness of the colors on this one. The purple on this cover is saturated and dark and the yellow is pure and bright.

Ken

smash46.jpg

What a great book. Never seen that cover before.

I just love this cover for so many reasons, the composition, color combinations and lack of word balloons. The scanner definately doesn't capture the richness of the colors on this one. The purple on this cover is saturated and dark and the yellow is pure and bright.

Ken

smash46.jpg

Beautiful cover. I love the perspective on that book. thumbsup2.gif

Get thee to the short bus thread. Or is this bondage cover at the top of many golf cover collector want lists? Despite a few nice Cole covers and some marginal WW2 Target hero covers, the covers of the later issues of this title fall far short of the promise of the early issues. I'm surprised it ran as long as it did. I imagine it is also an extremely difficult title to complete if one were so inclined. On the plus side, I imagine mid-grade copies on ebay are pretty cheap.

Enough snark - I enjoy seeing books posted that one doesn't see every day - even more so when the covers are kind of goofy thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the Snarky comments 27_laughing.gif off to the short bus sorry.gif

You're right in that the stories in these are pretty lame, and the covers are generally pretty poor.....but yes....this is a bondage golfing cover and deserves to be shared....and since I paid around $5-$6 for it....it was worth buying to read.....

kinda pretty girl in bondage with a smaller than usual chest... cloud9.gif...rare in the golden age of comics...or post GA if you want to be real picky. poke2.gif

You're right in that the stories in these are pretty lame, and the covers are generally pretty poor.....but yes....this is a bondage golfing cover and deserves to be shared....and since I paid around $5-$6 for it....it was worth buying to read.....

kinda pretty girl in bondage with a smaller than usual chest... cloud9.gif...rare in the golden age of comics...or post GA if you want to be real picky. poke2.gif

Why doesn't he just hit him with the club?

He's a golfer not a fighter makepoint.gif

This is one of the oddest covers I've ever seen. Our hero foils the miscreant by blinding him with sand launched into the air by a golf club?????????????

Just......weird.

Kinda cool though in a bizarre way.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif I was thinking the same thing.

Ebay impulse buy - has a bit of amateur rice paper repair at the bottom (disclosed), and was listed as a VG (maybe a little ambitious - but not that far off). Not really on my want list - but seemed pretty cheap for a superhero Hitler cover ($67 with shipping). Since it already has minor resto I was thinking about trying to dry clean it (there is no gloss to speak of), starting with the BC which looks a little dirtier.

I think I'll skip the Wonder Bread and try a light rub with a gum eraser - any suggestions?

bb32.jpg

Another pulp with a cool, but twisted cover

mm0072-2.jpg

And it's the Carl S. Furst copy! Way-to-go Bill!

There's a bedsheet sized variant on this x-ray burning flesh theme that was done around 1940 or so. I don't think it has the pretty girl so RHG probably wouldn't want it even if it was a comic book cover. poke2.gif

Ebay impulse buy - has a bit of amateur rice paper repair at the bottom (disclosed), and was listed as a VG (maybe a little ambitious - but not that far off). Not really on my want list - but seemed pretty cheap for a superhero Hitler cover ($67 with shipping). Since it already has minor resto I was thinking about trying to dry clean it (there is no gloss to speak of), starting with the BC which looks a little dirtier.

I think I'll skip the Wonder Bread and try a light rub with a gum eraser - any suggestions?

bb32.jpg

I love the cover! Nice pick up and I bet a fun read! thumbsup2.gif