• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

So, that was you who one the Target #5. Terrific deal thumbsup2.gif...Jerry put a $250 estimate on it but Guide = $1100!

GE

Yeah I noticed he under estimated some of the ending auction values but I think that the holiday weekend probably helped keep the price down as I was expecting this to be at least $500 higher. I see that the Mile High copy sold for less than $7,000 which was thousands below asking on Bill Hughes site. I think there still is a nice white page 7.5 copy that is available but the asking price is probably $2,000+ so this is a good deal for sure.

Well thank you rick here is one more I just got off ebay

ADV28.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I saw that copy & wondered if a board member would grab it. Nice New Adventure pick-ups. I also bought those three issues within the last few months. thumbsup2.gif

Well thank you rick here is one more I just got off ebay

ADV28.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I saw that copy & wondered if a board member would grab it. Nice New Adventure pick-ups. I also bought those three issues within the last few months. thumbsup2.gif

I feel I got a pretty good deal on it.....I hope when I send it to CGC it comes back blue. You never know with ebay.

Its kinda funny I was just going back through the new adventure/adventure thread and noticed that you had just got those three books as well. What are the odds on that? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Pretty jacked about these two books which I think I picked up at a great price.

TC5LJFC.jpg

SMC18LJFC.jpg

Nice work ,Surfer!!! The TARGET is a nice book ... I'm shocked at low it finished.

I was going for the AMAZING MYSTERY FUNNIES that Jerry had, but for some reason, the books I want always end up WELL ABOVE guide! Consistantly! frown.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

slambang4.jpg

This came from Bachara and the Crowley collection. At one time in the early 80's I bought the Mile High Slam Bang 2 and 3 for $50 each. About a year later I sold them to Bruce Hamilton for $150 each. I made a killing. Darn I wish I had those back!!!!!!! While Slam Bang had a very obscure line-up each issue is a little treasure trove and I would put the covers of 2,3,and 4 up against just about anything that isn't a Timely.

I love this cover. This and another one makes me think of starting a "severed-arm octopus cover" collection. smile.gif

Great books TG!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

The blonde above kind of reminds of me of someone........ poke2.gifshy.gif

Thanks ciorac!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif but I have no idea who you could possibly be referring to ...

I just bet you don't! grin.gif

yo momma? confused-smiley-013.gif

Now was that very nice? Tried to pay you a compliment, and that is what I get in return?? confused-smiley-013.giffrown.gif

Sorry, Bill. I was only teasing ... certainly didn't mean any offense. flowerred.gif

Guess I just didn't realize you were such a sensitive guy.

Thanks for the compliment; it was very sweet! blush.gif

I know you were just teasing. We cool. wink.gif

So, that was you who one the Target #5. Terrific deal thumbsup2.gif...Jerry put a $250 estimate on it but Guide = $1100!

GE

Yeah I noticed he under estimated some of the ending auction values but I think that the holiday weekend probably helped keep the price down as I was expecting this to be at least $500 higher. I see that the Mile High copy sold for less than $7,000 which was thousands below asking on Bill Hughes site. I think there still is a nice white page 7.5 copy that is available but the asking price is probably $2,000+ so this is a good deal for sure.

Surfer, Great books. I especially like the Target #5. Your info on the Mile High is a little off though. It actually sold for $12,500 with the premium. I was the under bidder on it, but just made a deal to buy it. See, all of us Timely guys chase the same books!

and an impulse purchase for $22.

likely the 2nd little dot appearance as the first was in Sad Sack #1??

this is one month later.

I love the infinity cover. 1227372-ComicBook1449.JPG

(Quoting from a year ago, since I've been reading this whole thread and enjoying the covers.)

My son is named Max, so I have three of these around somewhere. smile.gif

I especially like the Target #5. Your info on the Mile High is a little off though. It actually sold for $12,500 with the premium. I was the under bidder on it, but just made a deal to buy it. See, all of us Timely guys chase the same books!

Those early Targets feel like a cross between a Timely and a Centaur...Everett, Burgos, Mills, Thompson, etc.

And Target 5 has the Wolverton classic "Creeping Death from Neptune" story as SpaceHawk begins. What a great book!

STEVE

I especially like the Target #5. Your info on the Mile High is a little off though. It actually sold for $12,500 with the premium. I was the under bidder on it, but just made a deal to buy it. See, all of us Timely guys chase the same books!

Those early Targets feel like a cross between a Timely and a Centaur...Everett, Burgos, Mills, Thompson, etc.

And Target 5 has the Wolverton classic "Creeping Death from Neptune" story as SpaceHawk begins. What a great book!

STEVE

Which issue has the sequel, "Creeping death from Uranus"?

STEVE

that's in Big-Fhot 6

STEVE

that's in Big-Fhot 6

27_laughing.gif

Just in from Heritage:

Jungle11-small.jpg

Now I have to sell my undercopy. Gotta pay for the Clink Focused Auction bids somehow... smile.gif

How the heck did I miss this book? I love that cover. Was that in one of their weekly auctions? Nice copy with great pages too. Congratulations.

Ken