• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
48 48

48,571 posts in this topic

Nice pick ups! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Here's my Clink win. cloud9.gif I've been waiting for a copy that doesn't have the cover tanning problem that seems to be common with this issue.

BuckRogersEastern06cgcvf-.jpg

Man, that presents much nicer than a 7.5. Beautiful book 893applaud-thumb.gif

Angelo

Here's my Clink win. cloud9.gif I've been waiting for a copy that doesn't have the cover tanning problem that seems to be common with this issue.

So true - those Buck Rogers remind me of the early Heroics...so difficult to find in clean shape. And with such great (o/w to white) pages, too!

Well done, sir 893applaud-thumb.gif

So true - those Buck Rogers remind me of the early Heroics...so difficult to find in clean shape. And with such great (o/w to white) pages, too!

Well done, sir 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks!

Yeah, Famous Funnies/Eastern must have been hurting due to war rationing and paper shortages. This book has the tanning problem with the cover, single staple, fewer pages and -- something that really freaked me out the first time I saw it -- inset "half-wrap" pages that are glued to adjacent full wraps at the inner margin. foreheadslap.gif It's amazing that any of these survived in nice shape.

Nice! I had no idea Buck ever dealt with vampires. Do you know if there is a story to match the cover?

Nice! I had no idea Buck ever dealt with vampires. Do you know if there is a story to match the cover?

There may be, but it's not in this issue. I have a beater reading copy and the story is a pretty good read - Buck and a hottie alien chick (hey where's Wilma? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif) crashes on a planet called Sargasso that's made up of countless wrecked spaceships. Fun story, but no bat-winged vampire creatures. confused-smiley-013.gif

Fun story, but no bat-winged vampire creatures.

Drat.

Thanks for the info! thumbsup2.gif

I was thinking the exact same thing, Mr. Strange...add another to the want list! Great book.

Found this in the endless comic box yesterday. It's a late 50s (not technically golden age, but still... ) Australian issue of Catman. I believe the story is unique to this title and not a US reprint (the costume certainly isn't the same) The covers are newsprint and the interior is black-and-white. The Grand Comics Database lists the Phantom comics by the same publisher, but not the others. I've got a similar issue of The Shadow somewhere, too.

catman8.jpg

One of my favorite covers. I saw the book and passed because of the grade and have been kicking myself ever since. Great pick up. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks...it wasn't prominent in the listing, and the scan/picture made it appear worse than it was as all the various bends/tears were folded back, etc.,. Next time...the hidden Suspense 3!! headbang.gif

hello all..

there is a restored 7.0 in the July Heritage auction...

rick

Found this in the endless comic box yesterday. It's a late 50s (not technically golden age, but still... ) Australian issue of Catman. I believe the story is unique to this title and not a US reprint (the costume certainly isn't the same) The covers are newsprint and the interior is black-and-white. The Grand Comics Database lists the Phantom comics by the same publisher, but not the others. I've got a similar issue of The Shadow somewhere, too.

catman8.jpg

Very nice cover on that book. I don't always get too excited by these international editions because the cover art is often lame -- that one most definitely is not. thumbsup2.gif

catman8.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif Nice pick-up!! I love to see different things!!

1857408-ComicScan0562.JPG

I have always had a strange attraction to Barker

Bob? 893whatthe.gifblush.gif

The Barker....Bob that is....has got Moxy....

and it's his last year battling the wheel....

The Price Was Right....