• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,421 posts in this topic

Adam, Ken, thanks for the kind word. Now, excuse my ignorance but do any of you know what's the significance of the flag and -script on the back of the gunner on the left side jacket?

LINK

named as such because when we shot them down, they screamed "oh, chit!!"

Adam, Ken, thanks for the kind word. Now, excuse my ignorance but do any of you know what's the significance of the flag and -script on the back of the gunner on the left side jacket?

LINK

What a wonderful resource is the forum. Thanks, 143ksk!

I suspect that there Elias was working off of a photograph as did not normally put that much work into the background and details of mechanical devices. Given that it's FH with their assembly line division of labor perhaps someone else did the background and Elias put in the characters? In any event, it's a marvelous cover.

Thanks Steve. hail.gif

Yes, I had already pretty much figured this is a take-off from a picture or a magazine illustration, the detail of the blood chit tends to confirm that. Knowing about it (blood chit) is that much more reason for me to appreciate the cover!

Just back from CGC....

allamerican8.jpg

I'm a sucker for these old sci-fi covers.

And Gary Concord's Ultra-man hat is da bomb!

Just back from CGC....

allamerican8.jpg

look ricky, it has the same date as that second printing marvel mystery book you picked up this week! man, that's a coincidence, huh?

Just back from CGC....

allamerican8.jpg

look ricky, it has the same date as that second printing marvel mystery book you picked up this week! man, that's a coincidence, huh?

Pretty Cool! Which would you choose?

I'd be careful making comments like that. Someone's gonna Photoshop that sucker onto your head.

Nice book! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks Jeff.

Now where's my hat? Somebody give me a hat!

Just back from CGC....

allamerican8.jpg

wow, I never noticed before, but UM is really "man" handling that little guy....I guess the damsel in distress is next?

gator

Just back from CGC....

allamerican8.jpg

wow, I never noticed before, but UM is really "man" handling that little guy....I guess the damsel in distress is next?

gator

Have you been reading Garth Ennis' "The Boys"?

Just back from CGC....

allamerican8.jpg

gator

Have you been reading Garth Ennis' "The Boys"?

I read everything Ennis writes wink.gif

gator

Eddie.jpg Resto Dog told me to buy this....so I did

RaggedyAnnAndy26.jpg

One of my very favorite covers 893applaud-thumb.gif

There was just something about it......I don't buy out of my trooper theme that often, but when I do, it has to have a cover that just jumps out at me.

Since I don't see much traffic as I would like through my trooper collection, I'll post this here too. Just came in from Heritage won at $133.

AnimalFair2CGC9-1.jpg

AWESOME! Seems like a very good deal regardless of the paratrooper angle. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif