• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,442 posts in this topic

detective54.jpg

richard, you need to sell me this copy for my tec Run....stay on the timely side of the force....don't give into DC....use the force, sell rick this tec 54

gator

Wow, sweet Action 76 & TEC 54. (thumbs u

Where do you get these books anyway? I never see a new book you post and say "oh I remember that one from Heritage, Clink, etc" Is there some secret book swapping club I am purposely & hurtfully kept out of? It's a conspiracy, a conspiracy I tell you!! :kidaround:

What a great way to celebrate your milestone post!!! :golfclap:

Wow, sweet Action 76 & TEC 54. (thumbs u

Where do you get these books anyway? I never see a new book you post and say "oh I remember that one from Heritage, Clink, etc" Is there some secret book swapping club I am purposely & hurtfully kept out of? It's a conspiracy, a conspiracy I tell you!! :kidaround:

I get a few books from customers, I set up at about 10 - 12 shows a year, and I buy a few things through the auctions or from other dealers.

But you are right, mostly I pick up books from the Secret Society.

Someday, when we feel you have earned the privilege, we will teach you the Secret Handshake!

A couple of books that I have been embarrassed to post.

(Hello Timely Geeks. My name is Richard and I am a closet DC collector...)

action76.jpg

"embarrassed", what the heck !??! yeah, I'd be ashamed of that book too :sorry:

action76.jpg

Richard, my b-day is August 1st. Just an FYI. :baiting:

Jeff

action76.jpg

Richard, my b-day is August 1st. Just an FYI. :baiting:

Jeff

Then I will have something to tell you next week. Looking forward to seeing you at San Diego!

Thought I'd celebrate my 1000th post with a groupshot! :acclaim:

BRgroupshot.jpg

(I'm still working on the Frazetta issues, but I figure they deserve their own groupshot anyway)

What a great set!! I really like the FF 217. I don't know if you have scanned any of them separately, but I would like to see them.

Ken

Thought I'd celebrate my 1000th post with a groupshot! :acclaim:

BRgroupshot.jpg

(I'm still working on the Frazetta issues, but I figure they deserve their own groupshot anyway)

Buck Rogers! :headbang:

I thought that I'd let you all see the final book I needed to have a completed run of supersnipe appearances....and the precursor Army Navy issues.

This has a very funny story of a soldier going into a gas chamber for boot camp type drill practice....and then dreaming of a 10-14 page story where he converses with hitler and others....very funny old school GA story. I'll scan it up one of these days to share.

$20 + shipping....I've looked at this ugly offering from DTA for eons....and finally made a cheap offer and it fills the hole......

Army Navy 1-5 with Supersnipe in #5

Supersnipe V1#6 through V5#1

Doc Savage #9

SuperMagician V1#1

Shadow V2#3, V2#4, V2#5, and V2#10

How to draw for the comics nn

58 total comics in all...

41344-TessADL0572.JPG.0ebd267b70cc70b59fc982e4a0cf62a5.JPG

Edited by comicdey

What a great set!! I really like the FF 217. I don't know if you have scanned any of them separately, but I would like to see them.

Ken

Here's a few I have scanned. (thumbs u

th_BuckRogersEastern02VGfcsm.jpg

Phalliken Sie Symbol?

That cover cracks me up every time I see it! I recently won a rough copy but haven't received it yet.

Great set!

Jack

Ken

Here's a few I have scanned. (thumbs u

th_BuckRogersEastern02VGfcsm.jpg

Phalliken Sie Symbol?

That cover cracks me up every time I see it! I recently won a rough copy but haven't received it yet.

Great set!

Jack

Well, you can't really blame Buck for getting a little aroused -- check out the rack on Wilma. :devil:

Edited by Theagenes

I picked up this book basically because I liked the graphic layout of the cover and it reminded me of Wiseman "Dennis the Menace" artwork...I was pleased to see that it is chock full of single page strips by Clifford McBride... :applause:

napoleanelby1.jpg

Doc Savage rocks! :headbang:

I really like the Fawcette covers on thos Avon sci-fi books. There is one that is on my mini-grail list. I had a copy 15 years ago and sold it like a doofus. (Out of This World 1 - June 1950)