• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,437 posts in this topic

Honestly, I don't know what Sheena sees in that guy.

I can't see what does Sheena sees in Socratic Wonder either!

Especially now that he seems to be getting rid of her namesake's books.

1. I was talking about Bob.

2. SW is selling off a few books to purchase something big. I wish him luck because it's a book all you will recognize, one of my favorite GA covers, and one I would not mind owning one of these days.

3. If a Jumbo 31 comes up for sale, anticipate a battle between us for it. Pistols at 50 yards or something dignified and honorable like that.

2. :applause::cloud9:

3. :o:sumo:

I’m glad you got the Jumbo safely Sean......no shipping mistakes thank god!

Honestly, I don't know what Sheena sees in that guy.

I can't see what does Sheena sees in Socratic Wonder either!

Especially now that he seems to be getting rid of her namesake's books.

1. I was talking about Bob.

2. SW is selling off a few books to purchase something big. I wish him luck because it's a book all you will recognize, one of my favorite GA covers, and one I would not mind owning one of these days.

3. If a Jumbo 31 comes up for sale, anticipate a battle between us for it. Pistols at 50 yards or something dignified and honorable like that.

You do know his (SW's) girlfriend is actually named Sheena? She digs the funnybooks too.

I didn't know that. Is she a punk rocker? SW and I are discussing a meet-up at the Magic Castle in November when I'm in LA. I'll have a chance to meet Sheena in person then.

SW and I are discussing a meet-up at the Magic Castle in November when I'm in LA. I'll have a chance to meet Sheena in person then.

Please don't act like Bob!

I have one of he Wood Spirit In Outer Space sections

SpiritAug031952.jpg

That's awesome... (thumbs u ...please edumacate me on this...does this read like a comic or does it open up into a newspaper section???... (shrug)

I have one of he Wood Spirit In Outer Space sections

SpiritAug031952.jpg

That's awesome... (thumbs u ...please edumacate me on this...does this read like a comic or does it open up into a newspaper section???... (shrug)

They original came like a newspaper page and you would fold & cut them into the shape of a comic (hence the "Fold On This Line" and "Cut On This Line" directions). The read exactly like a regular comic. That being said, they were ones that weren't meant to be folded. Motorcity had some at WW Chicago this year. Never had seen any before.

I haven't been able to post for the last couple of months as I was away for work or vacation, but I've picked up quite a few books during that time from both the SD and Baltimore Cons, as well as from internet purchases. I've finally been able to scan them in (although unfortunately I don't have photoshop on this computer so the scan images do not properly reflect the actual colors of the book), so here we go!

Obtained from a fellow forumite!

MM92.jpg

BangZoom corrupted me on this one. I just HAD to have it when I came across a copy in SD. It became the talk of two shows as few dealers had ever paid attention to the cover before! I find it amazing that this title was published by Dell of all companies. A lot happened from 1943 to the early 1950s when Dell became wholesome!!

BTW, the dude has shorts on - thankfully - in the interior story! (worship)

Funnies-1.jpg