• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

Nice books... (thumbs u

Every time I see Phantasmo I can't help but wonder...What were they thinking???... :insane:

What was who thinking? The guys in the ship?

Jack

Egads!!!...I never thought of it from that perspective... lol

Thanks to the man I can only assume is the nicest comic collector there is:

PEP_36.jpg

I believe this to be the copy that sold on comiclink either at the start of this year or at the end of last year - time flies and the years all blur together for me. I did bid on it then, but went out for dinner instead of sitting hunched over my computer in the auction's final hours. Luckily for me, it resurfaced at Wizard World Chicago, and my noble ally 143ksk purchased it, and was then kind enough to sell it on to me. And jolly nice it is, too. Thank you, Sir!

:banana:

Additionally, he was burdened by owning two Pep 23s, the poor chap. My attempts to scan it have been in vain, as I have one of those "doesn't do slabs" scanners. Anyway, you blokes have seen it before: it's Steve's old 4.0.

I shall try my best to live until 2060 or perhaps 2070, so look for them to come back on the market around then. Or sooner, should I be financially ruined by an elaborate conspiracy, a la Dan Aykroyd in "Trading Places", which possibility I consider remote.

Thanks to the man I can only assume is the nicest comic collector there is:

PEP_36.jpg

I believe this to be the copy that sold on comiclink either at the start of this year or at the end of last year - time flies and the years all blur together for me. I did bid on it then, but went out for dinner instead of sitting hunched over my computer in the auction's final hours. Luckily for me, it resurfaced at Wizard World Chicago, and my noble ally 143ksk purchased it, and was then kind enough to sell it on to me. And jolly nice it is, too. Thank you, Sir!

:banana:

Additionally, he was burdened by owning two Pep 23s, the poor chap. My attempts to scan it have been in vain, as I have one of those "doesn't do slabs" scanners. Anyway, you blokes have seen it before: it's Steve's old 4.0.

I shall try my best to live until 2060 or perhaps 2070, so look for them to come back on the market around then. Or sooner, should I be financially ruined by an elaborate conspiracy, a la Dan Aykroyd in "Trading Places", which possibility I consider remote.

congrats! I just love that cover

Mark nice selection of books (especially that MMC#92 ;)), I didn't know that you were a Sub-Mariner fan.

SS, I'm a true comic fan which means I love them all!!!! :golfclap::banana:

Even the ones that don't sell very well. :gossip::pullhair:

Do you even love this one?

Mighty Midget 12, 1943, featuring Mr. Scarlet and Pinky.

I've got some other Mighty Midget books, but this one is by far the nicest. The production quality was incredibly bad on these books, though, with little bits of crude red coloring on the otherwise black-and-white pages, many of which are printed off-center.

Still, it's the Ruddy Duo's only solo book.

Jack

44508-MrScarlet.jpg

I put this one on the Short Bus thread (more comments there), but maybe it belongs here too because of scarcity and some well-drawn stories.

Leading Comics ("Screen" is not in the indicia title), June-July 1950

Jack

44506-Leading.jpg

(thumbs u Great books. I really like the Whiz 19, not for the grade 'cuz all the others look as nice but seeing Cap struggle with the shark is such a classic concept. Tarzan did it, the diver on the cover of Adventure did it, Cap did it, ... Every run should have a shark-wrangling cover :D

The Red Bee did it best on the cover of Hit#5.

And how about this...

mm6.jpg

Not the best drawn sharks, but the Angel is quite dapper.

(thumbs u Great books. I really like the Whiz 19, not for the grade 'cuz all the others look as nice but seeing Cap struggle with the shark is such a classic concept. Tarzan did it, the diver on the cover of Adventure did it, Cap did it, ... Every run should have a shark-wrangling cover :D

It's even better when it involves gurlz! :cloud9:

Seven Seas 6, Wonder Woman 101, Exciting 59

whiz26.jpg

That's a super attractive looking 8.0. Love the colors and image! :applause: