• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

A few books I got back from CGC this past week...

whiz19.jpg

Detroit trolley

Nice book Richard. I missed out on that copy when Marnin had it.

Ken

the trolley copy was nice, but not near as nice as it is now, with bedrock...that said, my copy is low grade, but I am happy with it!

gator

Edited by Detective27Kid

whiz19.jpg

Detroit trolley

Beautiful copy!!

That is Timulty's favorite cover...

Timulty, paging Timulty....

Is that the one he had up as a 7.0? If so that must have been a nice surprise when it came back from CGC.

amazing, isn't it!

gator

whiz19.jpg

Detroit trolley

Beautiful copy!!

Is that the one he had up as a 7.0? If so that must have been a nice surprise when it came back from CGC.

In the spirit of disclosure, I did sit on it for a while before I sent it in.

Then I had Matt flatten the remaining butt imprint.

The Red Bee did it best on the cover of Hit#5.

And how about this...

mm6.jpg

Not the best drawn sharks, but the Angel is quite dapper.

I'm a little confused, how can a book have CT and still garner a Blue label?

at CGC's discression, if a book has such a minute amount of color touch or glue, so as to not alter the grade of the book (meaning the book would grade the same with out it), then it is deemed that the c/t or glue was not meant to be restorative, and it is given a universal label, noting the c/t or glue...basically, the way I see it, it means that the resto could be removed, and it not affect the grade...

a perfect example, I bought a book, that has a light blue cover, that someone (i.e. me) obviously "accidentally" dropped a black felt tip pen on, and the cover got a little black mark where the pen hit the cover...this was not restorative (but an accident), and the book was graded as such (universal) noting the minute c/t...

gator

Edited by Detective27Kid

The Red Bee did it best on the cover of Hit#5.

And how about this...

mm6.jpg

Not the best drawn sharks, but the Angel is quite dapper.

I'm a little confused, how can a book have CT and still garner a Blue label?

at CGC's discression, if a book has such a minute amount of color touch or glue, so as to not alter the grade of the book (meaning the book would grade the same with out it), then it is deemed that the c/t or glue was not meant to be restorative, and it is given a universal label, noting the c/t or glue...basically, the way I see it, it means that the resto could be removed, and it not affect the grade...

a perfect example, I bought a book, that has a light blue cover, that someone (i.e. me) obviously "accidentally" dropped a black felt tip pen on, and the cover got a little black mark where the pen hit the cover...this was not restorative (but an accident), and the book was graded as such (universal) noting the minute c/t...

gator

Gotcha (thumbs u

I just got this one in today

New Adventure #21 :applause:

You can't tell because its a pic and not a scan but its at least a 9.0. Probably higher! This is my first high grade NA :)

I really need to get a scanner doh!

Ronaldospictures.jpg

wow, that is a beaut

rick

whiz19.jpg

Detroit trolley

Beautiful copy!!

In the spirit of disclosure, I did sit on it for a while before I sent it in.

Then I had Matt flatten the remaining butt imprint.

I could care less about pressing. I'd press the mess out of all my books if it would make a positive difference. Have it professionally pressed or stick it in a stack comics for 20 years, makes no difference to me. Sweet book!