• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

Probably not news to anyone here, but worth mentioning just the same that I saw one (Detective Comics #29 Fine+) on Vintage Comics' web site for sale, but it is 6.5 apparent (restored). Someone buy it so I can live vicariously...

Those BULLSEYE comics were very nice. I've never seen such nice scans of those issues.

The KIRBY FOXHOLE covers would be cool too.

Thanks. Working on the FOXHOLE issues. Only have #1 right now. Pretty tough books to find in FINE and above.

Angelo

For those that don't frequent the Tec thread:

Tec #36 CGC unrestored - come up rarely so when I saw the CGC blue label I had to go for it:

Tec36un.jpg

Very cool book George. Congrats.

Never expected to win this, but somehow I did:

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170148262004

775986.jpg

Been trying to get a decent copy for awhile now. Do you think the RH stamp was a big turn-off?

The stamp was probably a turn-off but I find it interesting as it gives the book a certain provenance.

That Little Lulu is great! :applause:

I really should get into those, but I keep throwing my money at books like this one. I scanned the back first, which destroyed the scanner. As if I didn't hate HP enough already...So here it is, in digital Flash-Off-O-Vision:

Pep24.jpg

But look! An acid vat! A villainous 1941 Japanese soldier! A flying, patriotic superhero saving his relaxed sidekick! A man being cast to his death in the conflagration below! And another about to join him! Crikey, these books were violent. Archie was still getting no respect whatsoever. But the ginger buffoon would have the last laugh...

This book also doubles my personal best in that great national pastime "Most Expensive Ebay Purchase Shipped Without Cardboard In A Paper Envelope". Honestly, some people.

Anyway, it will come in handy should I decide to decorate my nesting burrow. Squawk!

Thanks Sharon (skypinkblue)

WeirdComics14.jpg

That's got to be a tough book to find. Congratulations, 'trooper!