• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

Superman18.jpg

I forget the grade on this. I could never find a nice copy before so I'm glad I got this one with the set. My favorites are the Superman World War 2 covers.

The books seem to be well perserved. I usually see the 18 with quite a bit of tanning. What is the grade ?

7.0 I just checked. Off White to white.

Looks like Heritage got the grade right. As great as the front cover is, I love the back cover. Pilot Clark's little girl narrowly avoids disaster and look at that greedy doctor taking all of poor little Patsy's money. Tootsie Rolls for all... if he was truly generous he would have set that leg for free!

Awesome book! Are you still going after all the gerber cover books?
Yep. Every single one I can afford at any rate. I haven't updated my list since this and the Planet #1 came in but I think I'm passed 60%. I'm getting onto the $$$ books now though so it's slowing down. I think next year's big acquisitions will be The Mask #1 and Blue Beetle #54.

The fact that Frankie is in bondage in the second car just makes me laugh. lol Thanks for the large scans. (thumbs u

Was going to say the same thing, poor Franky!

Wasn't there a story posted where the heroes all ganged up on the poor guy? :sorry:

Prize 7 has to be one of the hardest GA minor key's to find. There hasn't been one available to my knowledge in 5 years. The last copy on Ebay went for something like 5 X guide.

#20, on the other hand, despite being a Gerber no-show, is probably the easiest to find now.

Go figure.

I'm very jealous Jon.

Superman100CGC90.jpg

When I initially saw them I suspected Superman and Batman from 50 up would grade high. There were lots with overhangs that CGC didn't encapsulate due to overhang.

Jack

You have some really beautiful books. Were there any DC sci-fi titles in the collection?

Ken

Spectacular!

That's the kind of friend to have.

Jack

PS: Some Dicky and the Magic Forest stories in there! If they haven't been posted yet and you dare to scan or photograph them, he has a lot of fans around here.

My latest ZIPS and Thrillings...thanks to a friend for some help with these:)

and congrats to all those posted above, nice books!

thrilling.jpg

zip.jpg

Edited by selegue