• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

I'll second the WOW, Andy!! What a great , eclectic collection ... like me, you seem very cover driven. I can appreciate that!

Thanks for the shots!! :golfclap: I think that Wolverton WTOTF is my fav book of yours.

Just curious, were the books determined by condition as well as the actual cover art? Or was it it pretty much classic covers that made the cut?

What a great looking group of books!!!!

If only there could be a thread where all of us could put our group shots. hm

I was shocked to find that not only did my True Crimes not make the cut, neither did my Timelys!

:o

:gossip: I'm not sure you should have said that out loud.

I'll second the WOW, Andy!! What a great , eclectic collection ... like me, you seem very cover driven. I can appreciate that!

Thanks for the shots!! :golfclap: I think that Wolverton WTOTF is my fav book of yours.

Just curious, were the books determined by condition as well as the actual cover art? Or was it it pretty much classic covers that made the cut?

I basically said to myself, which would be the hardest to part with, in order. So it was a mixture of cover art, condition, chance of replacement and value.

I basically said to myself, which would be the hardest to part with, in order. So it was a mixture of cover art, condition, chance of replacement and value.

So are you going to rank them by cover art? :popcorn:

Can we get a close up of WSF 29? :wishluck:

um, HEADLINE #8 gonna be in there? :wishluck:

In the pole position!

Decided to order my favorite golden age books, from 1-24 (photo looked better than 1-25).

Here they are, from left to right. I've never bothered to lay them out in order of preference, and I was shocked to find that not only did my True Crimes not make the cut, neither did my Timelys!

gs1.jpg

gs2.jpg

Andy,

Very nice group of books, very impressive! I like your choices.

Paul

So are you going to rank them by cover art? :popcorn:

Can we get a close up of WSF 29? :wishluck:

Bought it from Motor City for a nice price. $200 maybe? I always find something I like at their booth....

wsf29-1.jpg

Thanks. It gives me goosebumps every time I see it. :cloud9:

[

Are those 2mil Mylar Super GA size Sleeves and Full Back archival boards?

Yep. I have the big ones in Supergold Mylite 2s with Fullbacks and a 4 mil open top Mylar over it, and the smaller ones in silver/gold Mylite 2s with Fullbacks.

Here they are, from left to right. I've never bothered to lay them out in order of preference, and I was shocked to find that not only did my True Crimes not make the cut, neither did my Timelys!

gs1.jpg

gs2.jpg

Hey, don't these books belong in the Short Bus thread?

( :o WOW!)

They look really fresh, The Frisky has a bit of edge coloring, so maybe cream edges, but otherwise really tight. Better then the FN & FN+ I bought them as for sure! :D

One other holiday pick, not nearly as nice, but SUCH a tricky book to find. Thanks to Our very own Rick for hooking me up with this long sought after christmas cover.

2168083016_28e0a0d89a_o.jpg

Edited by shiverbones