• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,450 posts in this topic

Way to go, Bill. (Three weeks!)

Thanks Richard. I am so ready to geek out. :headbang:

Oh Yeah! (thumbs u

oh yea..... , crud.... :sorry:

pansy. so when do you plan to officially change your nom de plume to "gaytor?"

:whatev:

Way to go, Bill. (Three weeks!)

Thanks Richard. I am so ready to geek out. :headbang:

Oh Yeah! (thumbs u

oh yea..... , crud.... :sorry:

pansy. so when do you plan to officially change your nom de plume to "gaytor?"

Coming from a guy speaking french......

coming from the french bayou, it is not his fault lol

A little writing on the cover never hurt anyone. :grin:

cap2.jpg

Got this back from CGC just before Xmas. Second highest graded copy behind the Mile High. Davis Crippen "D" copy. Brought this from a New York dealer back in 1996. This was one of the original "stolen" "D" copies that came out in the 1990's. Never had it graded until this year. According to the dealer, the person that sold him the book was in his late 20's, last name was Crippen. hm

Here's a slightly better PIC:

capjr1.jpg

Sorry about the flash.

Nice copy, Congrats! (thumbs u

Got this back from CGC just before Xmas. Second highest graded copy behind the Mile High. Davis Crippen "D" copy. Brought this from a New York dealer back in 1996. This was one of the original "stolen" "D" copies that came out in the 1990's. Never had it graded until this year. According to the dealer, the person that sold him the book was in his late 20's, last name was Crippen.

Very nice, copy Taro90. :applause:

When did you hear that the name of the dealer's source was Crippen? Back in 1996 or recently? If you heard it back in 96 then it might indicate that one of the family members was doing the selling and not just the "renovators."

Got this back from CGC just before Xmas. Second highest graded copy behind the Mile High. Davis Crippen "D" copy. Brought this from a New York dealer back in 1996. This was one of the original "stolen" "D" copies that came out in the 1990's. Never had it graded until this year. According to the dealer, the person that sold him the book was in his late 20's, last name was Crippen.

Very nice, copy Taro90. :applause:

When did you hear that the name of the dealer's source was Crippen? Back in 1996 or recently? If you heard it back in 96 then it might indicate that one of the family members was doing the selling and not just the "renovators."

interesting...didn't S say that he bought all the D copies from the same person, that was later identified as the contractor?...maybe a crippin family member (son?) sold some books...after all, CMJr was not a "key" character

rick

The latest arrival to the tiki hut:

fight28.jpg

As pleased as I am to get a copy of this book, I am more pleased to commend Flying Donut for being an all-around mensch and NOT bidding on this book once I expressed interest in it. He's now on the tiki hut short list for "premium liquor only."

This is my book in the near future. Basically got a agreement set today, but no time frame.

I origionally thought VF/NM, but I think VF pages are white, untouched super crisp and clean.

Tec10.jpg

Here is a pic taken today on my kitchen counter. Had fun geeking with a friend of mine, these are currently his books.

Tec10Myfuturecopy.jpg

This is my book in the near future. Basically got a agreement set today, but no time frame.

I origionally thought VF/NM, but I think VF pages are white, untouched super crisp and clean.

Tec10.jpg

Here is a pic taken today on my kitchen counter. Had fun geeking with a friend of mine, these are currently his books.

Tec10Myfuturecopy.jpg

:o Good friend to have and a great book. Congrats :headbang:

Tec10.jpg

Tec10Myfuturecopy.jpg

Oh my :o (you're going to be very popular with the ladies!)

Tec10Myfuturecopy.jpg

YOWSA

nice acquisition Mr. S!! Does your friend need more friends? :wishluck: